• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What was your last run last season?

loafer89

My last run was on June 9th, 2006 from the summit of Mammoth, 2100' vertical of sweet corn snow:

LastRun.jpg

It's hard to believe that it's already been three months since my season ended, time goes fast when you have more work than you know what to do with.

Last edited:

thebigo

White heat the day of the passholders bbq. It was a good day but an early end to the season. They had all of oz roped off that day, i ducked the rope about the time it started to soften up and it was one of my better runs of the year. Entire mountain to my self, blue bird skies, warm temps and the snow just soft enough.

Tyrolean_skier

My last run was on the lower part of Outer Limits at Killington on May 29 after I hiked it a few times. I skied in a tank top because it was so hot that day. I finished my year on Outer Limits this year instead of Superstar because Killington had blown a lot of snow on OL for competitions so the snow there lasted a lot longer than most years.

Geoff

August 24th. Termas de Chillan. I'm not aware that most things I skied had a name. The only things that are named are the groomed pistas marked by bamboo poles so you can ski them in flat light.

Grassi21

My last run was on June 9th, 2006 from the summit of Mammoth, 2100' vertical of sweet corn snow:

LastRun.jpg

It's hard to believe that it's already been three months since my season ended, time goes fast when you have more work than you know what to do with.

The little light bulb in my head just went off. After throwing a kick-ass 30th b-day party for my wife last year she has been asking me what I want to do for my 30th on June 2. Looks like I'll be pushing for a little West coast lovin' next June. Thanks for the inspiration.

nancy2

my last run was feb 25 on superstar at killington when someone hit me from behind and fractured my tibial plateau on impact. 3 surgeries, 10 screws and a plate later, i am still recovering. i also found out after an mri the end of august i have a lateral meniscus tear. my goal is to hopefully ski again sometime this coming ski season.
i am an optimist :)
i bought my pass when i was still on crutches.
sure hope i will be able to use it.
:daffy:

Last edited:

NYDrew

skiing down one of the park trails at smuggs after exiting the glades, the guy I was skiing with (on a board) made a bad landing off of a table top. Broke his arm.

Yup thats was the end of my season.

mountaindude

My last run of the season was sometime in March, don't remember the date. I skied off the back side of the Jet triple at Jay down to my buddies truck. Perfect foot and a half of powder. Good way to end the season, for me anyways.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Steamboat

Steamboat in March.

Every day I took more clothes off, everyday I was still over-dressed.

Sadly departed for the airport in the middle of a sudden blizzard, through a closed mountain pass.

Came back with a sunburn and a big grin on my face.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
my last run was feb 25 on superstar at killington when someone hit me from behind and fractured my tibial plateau on impact. 3 surgeries, 10 screws and a plate later, i am still recovering. i also found out after an mri the end of august i have a lateral meniscus tear. my goal is to hopefully ski again sometime this coming ski season.
i am an optimist :)
i bought my pass when i was still on crutches.
sure hope i will be able to use it.
:daffy:

Oooh, ouch, ouch. Sure hope you get out, even if it's just bunny slopes...