• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

    You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's up for this weekend???

reppshred

New member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
8
Points
0
I am heading to Stowe this weekend and the forecast looks spotty! What's the scuttlebutt for weather this weekend in Ski country??
 

dlague

Active member
Joined
Nov 7, 2012
Messages
8,789
Points
36
Location
CS, Colorado
We are skiing Burke! I checked the forecast for Burke and it looks like things will hold off until later!


Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
 

BenedictGomez

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 26, 2011
Messages
10,773
Points
48
Location
PRNJ
I think I'll be taking this weekend off given the weather. Might make it to a catskills destination on Sunday, but Saturday seems a washout. Given the last 3 weekends have been Sugarbush/Smuggs, Gore/Whiteface, and Smuggs again, a break from all the driving probably wont be the worst thing.
 

lerops

New member
Joined
Jan 28, 2008
Messages
450
Points
0
Location
Westchester, NY
I was checking Jay Peak, which is on the lower end.

Tremblant is more snow, little rain and later in the afternoon. Tempting, not sure about the conditions are good enough for a 7+ hr drive.
 

4aprice

New member
Joined
Mar 14, 2008
Messages
3,636
Points
0
Location
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
I'm not at all worried what the rain will do to conditions, heck its spring. Just trying to figure out the timing of this. I'm not skiing Friday and the bulk of the moisture appears to fall Fri pm and overnight. Sat mostly looks cloudy (maybe foggy who knows), sun makes appearance Sun PM.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
 

Savemeasammy

New member
Joined
Mar 20, 2013
Messages
2,538
Points
0
Location
S. NH
^agree with this. The snow will probably outlast most of the skiers this year.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Kleetus

Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2013
Messages
323
Points
16
Location
Baldwinsville, Ny
Im curious about this weekend as well. Have vouchers left to Stowe, Smuggs, and Burke left. Debating whether to hit Stowe and Smuggs this weekend and Burke next or Burke this weekend and Stow and Smuggs next. Would prefer to have the better conditions at Stowe and Smuggs instead of Burke.
 

Abominable

Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2013
Messages
407
Points
16
Is it going to snow Saturday night? Wunderground telling me snow for Magic and Pico.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I saw that too... looks like it's debatable whether it will be r!?n or snow.

This is for Manchester, so hopefully snow up top.

Saturday
Cloudy. High 46F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.

Saturday Night
Rain and snow in the evening turning to all snow late. Low 33F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 90%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.

Sunday
Rain and snow in the morning turning to light rain in the afternoon. High 42F. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80%. About one inch of snow expected.
 

cbackman

New member
Joined
Oct 12, 2012
Messages
42
Points
0
Location
MA
I like the forecast on opensnow.com for saturday night into sunday
 

catsup948

New member
Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
1,026
Points
0
Location
Shelburne Falls, MA
Seems western Maine and New Hampshire are in the cross hairs again. Southern and Central Vermont could get a plastering of wet snow as well. I'll be at Magic Sunday!
 

Cornhead

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 4, 2010
Messages
2,776
Points
48
Advisory for Stowe:
* ACCUMULATIONS, SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION OF 1 TO 2 INCHES...
ALONG WITH UP TO TENTH OF AN INCH OF ICE THROUGH THIS MORNING.
POTENTIAL FOR 6 TO 10 INCHES OF HEAVY DENSE SNOW SATURDAY
EVENING INTO SUNDAY.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
 

Madroch

New member
Joined
Nov 13, 2008
Messages
1,490
Points
0
Location
ct
Looking at sb Sunday- just don't want it locked up from a freeze thaw- hopefully if snows enough sat night to top coat ot
 

yeggous

Active member
Joined
Oct 8, 2012
Messages
2,156
Points
36
Location
Chelmsford, MA
Precip type in the mountains remains very uncertain. I'm not sure whether to head up or not.


Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app
 

lerops

New member
Joined
Jan 28, 2008
Messages
450
Points
0
Location
Westchester, NY
I've been following this since Monday. The snow was non-existent and moved between CT and NEK, with rain predictions changing drastically along the way. Beats me, but I might head up to Gore, which looks good in most recent forecast. Will make the call later.
 
Top