• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What's up with Arc'teryx???

lloyd braun

I bought an Eider jacket last year.

Expensive, on the lines of Arc'terex but, similar quility.

The performance of my Eider blows away the performance of my retired Moonstone jacket. Spending the money is worth it if you use the equipment often.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I bought some Predatorwear pants and a Jacket at their (old) clearance shop in Burlington. The following year, they went out of business. Good thing is I love the functionality of the gear and it seems to wear really well.

wa-loaf

Just ordered a Cloudveil RPK jacket from Campmor. Just about 50% off.

Phillycore

I bought my North Face Apex Bionic softshell(s) through Peter Glenn Ski and Sport and they sell the same identical ones at Dicks, and The Sports Authority. Not everything at TSA and Dicks are lower quality than the core ski shops. A lot of it is, but they do sell some of the same gear as the core shops do. The core shops don't want you to know that though and they'll tell you otherwise. FWIW... Most of the good local ski shops can normally come close in price to places like Dicks and TSA anyway, and building a good rep. with them is always a good thing. When you need them they'll remember you. Just my .02