• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

when will killington be sold?

dmc

I think my favorite thing about these "Free GSS" discussions are the people that don't want him back and how they go about giving their opinion by discounting the opinions...

Any wonder why I stay around this place? It's like a big entertaining, social experiment..

campgottagopee

I think my favorite thing about these "Free GSS" discussions are the people that don't want him back and how they go about giving their opinion by discounting the opinions...

Any wonder why I stay around this place? It's like a big entertaining, social experiment..

Ain't that the truth.

Riverskier

that's a shit ton of words, but you don't care......

Why are you so interested in whether or not I care? This site helps pass the time for me at work and was a lot more entertaining with GSS, so yes I would like to see him back. Heck, this discussion helped pass the time at work yesterday. As for whether I REALLY care? Hell no. That goes for GSS, this site, and the internet for that matter. If it wasn't for working at a computer 40 hours a week, I would barely use the internet at all. As it is, I use a computer maybe an hour a week outside of work.

2knees

I don't think anyone wants the Dis back.:confused:

I do. he was entertaining in his own way.

he was a good guy in person. just like dougie howser was apparently. He drove 333.5 miles each way to stay at his beloved TRL every weekend. that's dedication and passion for the sport.

Glenn

I do. he was entertaining in his own way.

he was a good guy in person. just like dougie howser was apparently. He drove 333.5 miles each way to stay at his beloved TRL every weekend. that's dedication and passion for the sport.

And he posted some good pictures. That's gotta count for something. And he was very dedicated to the use of the site's smilies.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
LMAO.... this went from the OPs ad nauseum beaten to death asinine topic to the cheezman pretty quickly and continued for several pages. Positive hijack IMHO. He was banned cause he doesn't make any turns. We all spend our lives learning how to make turns in increasingly more dificult terrain. He doesn't. I f everyone was like him we would not have ski schools...hmmmmm.... but many more ski patrol with speed guns and tasers. When he learns how to make a turn, vid confirmation required, then he comes back. I have checked in on him every so often on the Penn thread and he seems to have mellowed. I am reminded of him on AZ everytime I enjoy a grilled cheese sandwich. :wink:

tjf67

and btw, since we're screaming for reinstatement of banned characters, lets at least make this interesting. I say let fhw and the clown back in. tj has been the lone wolf for far too long and his material is really really, REALLY bad. fhw could make you laugh even when he was ripping your throat out. you gss fans are thinking small time.

My material is not bad.

dmc

I can't wait for his first trip report.. I think he's going to post his Aspen Extreme trip..

SkiDork

I thought it was funny when Greg zeroed out his post count. He really was proud of his post count... LOL!

dmc

I thought it was funny when Greg zeroed out his post count. He really was proud of his post count... LOL!

Wow - I din't know that... Hardcore..
But he REALLY pissed of old Greg...

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
That being said, I'm a little sorry to see that GSS has no chance for parole. I probably started checking in to the forum near the tail end of his time here, but he seemed to add a lot of energy to the forum. At first I kind of wondered if he had a mild case of asperger's syndrome or maybe he just liked to push people's buttons sometimes. Anyway it was pretty clear he loves skiing and I did enjoy reading his trip reports. Maybe if he was put on a limited post count during his probation he'd keep his posts to a higher signal to noise ratio.

That's a great suggestion. Figure out how to make the forum software limit his posting, either by day, or each post gets reviewed before others can see it.

My favorite was when he was the Toolbox. In fact, he should have to wear the Toolbox during he probational period. :lol: