• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who got some this past weekend? Report.

makimono

Was at Magic Saturday. They got maybe a foot of pretty light powder. Skied untracked on the 1st three runs and by 10ish the trails were pretty tracked up but were still great topping the powder bumps with speed...could have had first tracks in my secret glade all day but the one time I went in there I was just grinding edge on granite every turn.

At the end of the day I was in love with Mystery, such a fun trail the way it's off camber and bowl shaped, you could drop in bang 5 bumps then cut it left and ski moguls uphill for a few turns then snap it around and drop back in, good stuff!

:snow:

Smellytele

Was at Magic Saturday. They got maybe a foot of pretty light powder. Skied untracked on the 1st three runs and by 10ish the trails were pretty tracked up but were still great topping the powder bumps with speed...could have had first tracks in my secret glade all day but the one time I went in there I was just grinding edge on granite every turn.

At the end of the day I was in love with Mystery, such a fun trail the way it's off camber and bowl shaped, you could drop in bang 5 bumps then cut it left and ski moguls uphill for a few turns then snap it around and drop back in, good stuff!

:snow:

I loved me some Mystery on Sunday as well. Skied Friday night and Saturday at Pats peak with about 8 on Friday night and 24 on saturday. Ate the leftovers at Magic on Sunday. Some trails were a little beat but had fun on Mystery and quite a few others. Groomers (Wizard, Talisman and the East side groomers) were nice rest runs as well.

jrmagic

I skied chopped up powder and soft bumps at Magic on Sat, and the Palmers were outstanding. I was able to rip mandatory GS turns all day with no problems.

Why were GS turns mandatory?

I had to work Saturday night so I had to wait till Sunday to hit Magic. It was nice to see the mountain so white after looking at it naked last week. Up Your Sleeve was really nice as was The steep section of Mystery. Did hit one stand of low angle trees with one of the mountain ops folks that is very clean ans even it was not ready which wasn't surprising to me. Witch to Blackline was a little boney but fun. All in all a great say with blue skies, light wind and comfortable temps. Hopefully we get some more snow soon to get things rolling in the woods.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
For me at least GS turns only come into play if Im laying trenches which is fun but I much prefer soft snow and bumps where I use shorter turns. Whatever floats your boat. As long as your enjoying sliding on snow its all good.

Puck It was the one who suggested the Palmers to me, so I was just trying to emphasize that I could really open up on them and power through crud without getting bounced around. I thought using the "mandatory GS turns" phrase would be funny.

jrmagic

Puck It was the one who suggested the Palmers to me, so I was just trying to emphasize that I could really open up on them and power through crud without getting bounced around. I thought using the "mandatory GS turns" phrase would be funny.

I guess I took your statement too literally :dunce:

ScottySkis

titus sunday lots of fresh and TOMORROw wed my weekly freebie at SNOW RIDGE which got6 inches of Lake ffect last nite and is scheduled for another 5 to 6 inches today . THE LES machine has been cranking there now for a week . This will be my 3 rd trip to SRthis. Yr as they frankly have the goods and its FREE , such a deal :snow:

Nice enjoy the great snow their tomorrow Warp.

MadMadWorld

Drove up to Wildcat on Sunday and it was amazing. Picture perfect day with great temps. Snow had been blown around on Saturday but it was pretty obvious where the wind blew the snow and those spots skied amazing.

Cannonball

Wasn't thrilled about the snow at Cannon on Sat.As usual it was skied up pretty quick and a lot of the freshies I grabbed were windpacked with some pretty hard(ice) in places.Sunday was a beautifull day but it turned into a shit show with people,at least by Cannons standards.

That's too bad man. We found fresh deep lines pretty much all day Saturday. We did encounter some pockets of ice on the windblown trails upper mountain. But mostly it was fresh, fresh, fresh until we were exhausted and bailed at around 2:30. All about trail selection I guess.

The Sunday crowds were crazy. And only loading the cannonball quad as a triple definitely didn't help the lines there. But even with all those people there was nice softness to be found.

Glenn

Saturday was good...but a bit windy. Sunday was calm, good temps, lots of sun and a few stashes here and there.

octopus

half day friday at sunday river snowed all day,then off to the loaf. snowed all day saturday, but very light powder .basically cut right thru it and froze my face off. first tracks sunday(cool thing nick setup for us, never had that opportunity before. was awesome riding right by the people in line for the 8:30 lift)little pockets of pow here and there, but the trees filled up pretty nice, no bottoming out where i went in. and finally a 5hr drive back to mass to shovel out 3 parking spaces, yay.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I'm thrilled to see that so many of us got out AND had a great time. It's about time, we suffered far too long

My best day was Friday at Sugarbush. As far as I was concerned the woods were great. Slightly, but not very bony. Nearly open to close. Stayed at Lincoln. It was a hard charging day. Saturday at Stowe was natural on top of groomers. A lot of fun, but the woods were far to scraped up to have fun. Another open to close day. Thanks to a number of bruises, we stuck to groomers at $teaux on Sunday. This is probably one of the only times in my life that I could say I needed a break from skiing. Still nursing a back muscle pull from Friday, but not enough to keep me down.

Hoping more storm head up north - I'm tired of this coastal storm garbage.

Enjoy!

Edd

Wildcat Sunday and Bretton Woods yesterday. Both amazing days. I'm at Black Mountain today and conditions are very good but I'm so beat up its hard to find my mojo.

octopus

I hear u guys, I'm still tired. We actually did five days at Sunday river, before making a last second decision to go to the loaf for the summit. 7 days in a row of boarding for me, my legs are still hurtin.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Wasn't thrilled about the snow at Cannon on Sat.As usual it was skied up pretty quick and a lot of the freshies I grabbed were windpacked with some pretty hard(ice) in places.Sunday was a beautifull day but it turned into a shit show with people,at least by Cannons standards.
I had a great day on Saturday. Plenty of fresh to be had if you don't value your bases. Front Five went quick. Hit it first thing after being on the fourth chair and only did two runs before I went else where. I avoided on Sunday. Would not have even gone on Saturday if not for the travel ban.

Cannonball

What is going on with the Cannonball?

Who knows. Some power problem. Same thing last couple of years, if they run it too fast or load it too full it blows a breaker or something. It has become painfully slow lately. Now they're sometimes doing the 3 person load when every chair would be full. Two weeks ago I literally saw a mechanic using a hairdryer on it....

Warp Daddy

titus sunday lots of fresh and TOMORROw wed my weekly freebie at SNOW RIDGE which got6 inches of Lake ffect last nite and is scheduled for another 5 to 6 inches today . THE LES machine has been cranking there now for a week . This will be my 3 rd trip to SRthis. Yr as they frankly have the goods and its FREE , such a deal :snow:

Looks like a doubleheader tomorrow Snow Ridge which has a fresh 8 inches down so far today then more tonite followed by Titus on Thursday , then somewhere on the weekend

Puck it

I forgot about that. Glad you liked them.