• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who got some this past weekend? Report.

Scruffy

Saturday- Backcountry skiing on a 1 foot of new fresh. No base, snow was powder, but not super lite so able to stay off the rocks and crap. Sweet turns in the trees.

Sunday - Hunter, cause I already had plans with friends to meet there even before the storm materialized. Hunter got about 8-10 inches I'd say, but most of it blew off the mountain with the high winds Saturday, so Sunday was not really anything to write about, except the crowds.

So who got the goods?

Huck_It_Baby

Smuggs4.jpg

I plundered the goods all weekend =)

Friday night - Bolton
Saturday- Stowe
Sunday- Smuggs

It was 3 day powderfest for me!!

With the exception of Bolton at night I skied trees and side country every run and found un-tracked snow every run.

I did the Bruce Trail for the first time and some steep lines off of the long trail near Sterling. Happy to get those off my bucket list!

Great weekend!

Last edited:

Madroch

Got some appetizers Friday afternoon, the entree on sat, and leftovers yesterday. Small CT hill, but it was good....

skiking4

Plattekill for the 1st time Sunday. Skied day-after pow (over no base, however) for a solid half the day on closed trails and other areas. Skis are doomed, the smile is not. I will be back.

legalskier

Belleayre Sat & Sun. Excellent conditions. See TR submitted this morning.

Bene288

Gore Saturday, decent amount of snow and no crowds. Great bumps and steeps. The glades were a little sketchy but not bad. I think they got 6-7" at the base and close to 10-11" on the summit.

Then I went to Jiminy last night for a last minute twilight session. They claimed 12", but it was hard to tell from the left overs. I think it was more like 8" or 9". Absolutely no one there, I imagine Saturday was probably the busiest night of the year for them. It was pretty scraped down between bumps but the steep trails were in good shape. Spent a lot of time in the park hitting the big kickers.

Last edited:

ScottySkis

Went to Gore Sunday, report coming later.
Great big hill with sick trails on the High Peaks chairs, to bad that whole place has trees I think it be sick back bowls without the trees.

Bene288

Great big hill with sick trails on the High Peaks chairs, to bad that whole place has trees I think it be sick back bowls without the trees.

I don't think the ADK park would let that fly, would we sweet though. Sorry I couldn't catch up with you Sunday, hopefully you enjoyed my leftovers!

Cornhead

Ski in the woods, you knucklehead! :wink:

I'm still on my weekend, and what a weekend it's been, three days at da Loaf, came up craps on Saddleback today, wind, skiing Cannon for the first time tomorrow.

MidnightJester

My weekend I am just recovering from.. Comming from Long Island we beat it all up by Thursday night, in Hotel by Friday 2am back home sunday night by 8pm. Went to bed at 3am with no new snow.. by 7am sugarbush has 4-6" and it was comming down all day friday into sat morning. Sunday was total bluebird day. Made the most of not making it to the summit at Sugarloaf with this 3 mountain run.

Fri--Sugarbush
Sat--Smugglers
Sun--Killington

Terry

Skied 8 inches of light powder on friday, 22 inches of pow on sat, and leftovers on sunday all at Shawnee Peak. Best 3 days in a long time. Sat was epic!!

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Got some Saturday but never made it to the mountain until Sunday.

I skied chopped up powder and soft bumps at Magic on Sat, and the Palmers were outstanding. I was able to rip mandatory GS turns all day with no problems.

I got 2 tickets to Cannon, so when I make it up, parking lot beers on me.

WWF-VT

Friday –got in a quick few late day runs at Mt Ellen, 4-6” of new snow on a firm base
Saturday – skied Mt Ellen with 10-14” total snow and a couple of early AM first tracks powder runs off the Inverness chair, lots of soft new snow all over the mountain, sunny but got cold and windy late in the day
Sunday – skied Lincoln Peak under blue skies, no wind and temps in the mid 20’s. Stuck mostly to groomers with the exception of Moonshine and Twist which were obviously better with the fresh snow on Saturday. The word around the mountain was that the woods and Slide Brook still need more snow

neil

Saturday - Wildcat, pretty sweet, very cold.

Sunday - Attitash, somehow they managed to turn that snow into ice. That mountain sucks.

ScottySkis

I don't think the ADK park would let that fly, would we sweet though. Sorry I couldn't catch up with you Sunday, hopefully you enjoyed my leftovers!

No problems hopefully next times will ski together. Sunday was not much left over, I think it was because of Saturday winds.

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
Goods were good in North Creek:

Trees.jpg

North Creek Ski Bowl, Sunday 2/10/13, 2 PM

Warp Daddy

titus sunday lots of fresh and TOMORROw wed my weekly freebie at SNOW RIDGE which got6 inches of Lake ffect last nite and is scheduled for another 5 to 6 inches today . THE LES machine has been cranking there now for a week . This will be my 3 rd trip to SRthis. Yr as they frankly have the goods and its FREE , such a deal :snow:

HowieT2

skied friday through sunday at lincoln peak. thought friday was the best. perhaps I was a disappointed there wasnt more snow saturday but it was also colder and wind swept. groomers were great. There was fresh powder to be had in the woods but the base was very thin and needed to be careful. sunday was a beautiful bluebird day. left wanting more.

SIKSKIER

Wasn't thrilled about the snow at Cannon on Sat.As usual it was skied up pretty quick and a lot of the freshies I grabbed were windpacked with some pretty hard(ice) in places.Sunday was a beautifull day but it turned into a shit show with people,at least by Cannons standards.