• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who went where on Sunday for the 10"plus inches most resorts got. How was it?????

MidnightJester

Who went where on Sunday for the 10"plus inches most resorts got. How was it?????

So went to killington resort. I left Middle long island 2:15am We Left Queens NYC 2:45am with 4 people and got to Killington 10:30am. Was a slow go up I-91. Pushed it a little harder then I wanted but made it there, few scary moments. Was on mountain at 11:00am more then 2 hours later then I wanted to (8hr ride up, 6 hrs way back). The biggest wait was 5 minutes on the Frist K1-Gondel. After the first run the biggest wait was 3 minutes. Such a a great day. Fresh snow. Cold temps to help snow stay soft, lack of people. 80 plus trails open miday. Best early conditions I have seen in 4 years.

octopus

hit up bretton for fears of wind holds elsewhere. a under 3 hr drive turned into 4+ on the way up, got there past 10. tracked out when i got there and definitely cold(my goggles kept icing up, never had that happen before). kinda bummed out so i grabbed lunch and headed out again..... they dropped the ropes on 2 untouched, ungroomed trails, at least 12" of pow and the trip was worth it.

anyday i legit get to use this makes me happy

Smellytele

So went to killington resort. I left Middle long island 2:15am We Left Queens NYC 2:45am with 4 people and got to Killington 10:30am. Was a slow go up I-91. Pushed it a little harder then I wanted but made it there, few scary moments. Was on mountain at 11:00am more then 2 hours later then I wanted to (8hr ride up, 6 hrs way back). The biggest wait was 5 minutes on the Frist K1-Gondel. After the first run the biggest wait was 3 minutes. Such a a great day. Fresh snow. Cold temps to help snow stay soft, lack of people. 80 plus trails open miday. Best early conditions I have seen in 4 years.
Dedicated - You drove 14 hours for no more than 5 hrs of skiing.

Smellytele

Got up at 8 snowblowed my driveway, woke the kids, drove 10 minutes and was at the mountain (pats peak) at 9:45, found some fresh and no lines. Left at 3:30 and saw the last 5 min of the Pats game.

ScottySkis

Went to Bell on Saturday and Platty on Sunday great fun new snow will do that.
It was an epics weekend for sure.:):):):thumbup::beer::beer:

Last edited:

Bene288

Headed to Gore from Albany at 6:45 and got there a little before 8:30. Maybe only 10 minutes longer than it normally takes. The Tundra is a beast in the snow. I'm confident I would have made it the usual time time if I weren't 8 cars behind a plow truck on rt 28.

Cornhead

Sunday was dessert, 12" at Platty, the main course was 67" at Snow Ridge Friday the 13th. Saturday I laid in bed all day feeling sore all over. No, 67" is not a typo.

Edd

Sunday was dessert, 12" at Platty, the main course was 67" at Snow Ridge Friday the 13th. Saturday I laid in bed all day feeling sore all over. No, 67" is not a typo.

Holy sh!t

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

twinplanx

You should consider taking the bus. Snowbirds Ski Tours is the one operator who regularly goes to Killington from the Island. Not sure where they went this weekend, but probably NOT K. On 12/1 I got on the bus at 2:30am and even with a driver change + making ALL the stops, We still got on the trails by 11am there were also 8-10 spinouts due to black ice between New Haven & Hartford one which had us stuck CRAWLING for an hour. I know people have issues with the bus but I think it's a no brainer...

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

xlr8r

Stratton on Sat and Sun, 19" total, which my legs were not entirely prepared for.

RISkier

We were at Stowe. We were actually there Friday through today. They have a lot of terrain open. Friday and Saturday were both very cold. Sunday was really good skiing. I don't think Stowe got as much snow as places further South but really a terrific ski day and temps were not that bad on Sunday. Even ventured into some low angle woods though they were pretty sketchy and needed more cover. We skied again this morning. It started darn cold but without too much wind. Wind picked up and I think temps were probably dropping much of the day. Our last ride up the quad at about 11:00 was FRIGID, and I could add a few 4-letter adjectives before the FRIGID. Went over to the gondi and did a couple of runs before heading home. Skiing was better on the terrain off the quad to day. Stowe is off to a terrific start.

HowieT2

Sugarbush. Great skiing, but crowded in the morning with the one upper mtn lift on and off wind hold. About a foot of powder.

MidnightJester

Yes dedicated as I can be. :)~ Helped me in 5 season go from 32/33 and no idea how to board to 38 with skills better then alot but not as good as some. Can do "so-far" any mountain I have been to and pushed my skills to black level and trees. So looking forward to what I think will be a record year for the North East.

MidnightJester

Off topic..... How do I add a pic to my posting profile. It is listed when I click on my personal profile but dosent pop up when I post. Thanks

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
There are two pics you can set a profile pic on the profile page and an avatar the small one next to each post on the sitr

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AlpineZone mobile app

KevinF

I skied Stowe Saturday through Monday. Saturday and Monday were c-o-l-d, but not all that windy (at least not by Stowe's standards of "wind"). Sunday was officially 7-9"; I think every trail got skied, regardless of whether or not it was open. I skied one set of trees, but the trees aren't good-to-go yet, unless you have serious rock skis and good health insurance.

Sunday night they got another inch or so of absolute fluff -- I cleared a big chunk of the windshield by breathing on it. Gulch has some massive snowmaking whales on it which were fun. Smugglers (on the Spruce side) and Chin Clip were amazing, and the groomers were velvet.

Stowe is in great shape for mid-December.

kingslug

I missed it, but I was in Utah at The Bird and Alta..which did not get that kind of snow..but did have about 1000 acres each open..funny thing is that I really would have liked to hit that kind of pow here...did manage to snag some untouched when the new Gad 2 chair opened...thought about hitting Hunter Monday but was totaly shot when I got back..