• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who's blowing off work on Wednesday?

Rowsdower

i'm in brooklyn. work dismissed early today. remote work tomorrow. cleared wednesday for a personal day. plan is to leave wednesday early morning by 5 at the latest for plattekill (3 hrs) or magic (4 hrs). just moved my car so its in the last parking spot on the block so i can dig out and back up in fully accelerated reverse on wednesday morning. i am so stoked. then sugarbush this weekend, which has been planned and booked for a while already. probably will ski the brooklyn bridge and build some kickers somewhere tomorrow, just because.

See, the Cats are 2.5 hours for me on bone dry roads with no traffic. Hope the roads will be clear enough by Wednesday to make this happen.

legalskier

post-35341-Bosses-be-like-You-Still-Comin-8pWl.jpeg

petergriffen

Whose got Wednesday deals ? Cannon 25 for nh but way north, who knows. In concord and have to work in the afternoon

gores95

Imagine if Long Island had mountains? This week everyone would head East! :)

Wavewheeler

I'm off every Wednesday. Really hoping schools are closed so I can ignore my parental duties and head up to Platty. My son texted from school that we should ski tomorrow, but travel tonight or in the AM might not work from NJ.

I could've written this! I'm off Wednesdays (as well as Thursdays and Fridays) as well. My daughter in college doesn't have classes on Wednesdays and I mentioned heading up to Hunter for a few days. "I'll meet you up there" were the first words out of her mouth. I'm just having doubts about whether or not we'll be able to get out. Definitely not tomorrow with a travel ban so hopefully early Wednesday. I will see and make a decision tomorrow night..but I'm definitely skiing sometime this week....either Wed-Thursday or Thursday-Friday. Heck I worked Sunday to clear things out for this week so I'm going! First thing I did when I got home from work was put the skis in the back of the Jeep. Gas tank is already filled. :daffy::snow:

Last edited:

petergriffen

Crotched has 4-5 hopefully the notch will get some snow out of it radar looks some heavier bands heading that way now