• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wildcat Blows (snow!)

yeggous

The bottom half of Lift Lion (the section above Black Cat) has already seen snowmaking this year. I'm not sure what the story is with Tomcast Schuss. I took a look down this weekend and it was still not open with natural snow because there is a nasty water bar running across the middle.

I do know that they're capacity is limited for the rest of the season as they've already covered all the trails with the new, efficient guns. At this point they're down to using the old school inefficient guns which makes it more expensive and means they can't cover as much trail at once.

Newpylong

Yes, but if the bottom section has seen snow making then why not the top - which is the most important section as it takes pressure off Lynx and Catapult.

Perhaps I am asking too much as no one can argue the snow making effort this year is above and beyond past years by an order of magnitude. But I would expect an investment in the infrastructure on the advanced terrain in the near future.

deadheadskier

Staff member
My feeling is that given the nature of why they sought the IPO, capital expenditures will not occur as freely across the Peaks organization as they have in the past. While publicly traded companies don't "ask" shareholders for approval on capital expenditures, they are always "selling" to their shareholders on the quality of their business decisions.

steamboat1

My feeling is that given the nature of why they sought the IPO, capital expenditures will not occur as freely across the Peaks organization as they have in the past. While publicly traded companies don't "ask" shareholders for approval on capital expenditures, they are always "selling" to their shareholders on the quality of their business decisions.
Quality of decisions will show in pricing of the shares. Doesn't matter who's holding them.

catskir

No signs of any snowmaking activity today. Pretty good coverage where they blew in the past weeks.

Brad J

They need to freshen up a lot of the trails after the rains, they also need to put plastic barrels over the steel poles on Cheetah that the tower guns sit on. would not be pretty if someone ran into one of those. they must move the tower guns around. Mother nature needs to give them a break, they have had bad luck since Christmas Eve. Not sure what if any snowmaking plans there are going forward.

yeggous

Word is that today was not good there. Very crowded and very icy. Not surprised given the weather and lack of snowmaking for the last two weeks. Tonight there was an inch of snow in Jackson and a coating in North Conway. That could freshen things up tomorrow. Tuesday looks promising too.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app