• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter Forecast 2015-2016

hammer

Don't want to start another thread at this point but I've read that the system coming in tomorrow evening (2/19) might overperform...nothing major but anything to refresh the existing hardpack surfaces would be welcome.

delco714

Don't want to start another thread at this point but I've read that the system coming in tomorrow evening (2/19) might overperform...nothing major but anything to refresh the existing hardpack surfaces would be welcome.
That'd be super. The wife and I are finally headed back to our cabin at sugarloaf..only 2nd time all season..and hoping for decent come back

Savemeasammy

Pattern for the first couple weeks of March looks very good. Might be the time nne mountain play a little catchup.

How many times this season have we thought "the pattern looks good..."?!

:)

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

BenedictGomez

How many times this season have we thought "the pattern looks good..."?!

:)

You can lead a horse to h2o, but you cant make it drink. The NAO is about to negative, blocking will be in place, cold is coming, for however horrible the season has been, the best scenario of the winter will finally be in place.

Savemeasammy

You can lead a horse to h2o, but you cant make it drink. The NAO is about to negative, blocking will be in place, cold is coming, for however horrible the season has been, the best scenario of the winter will finally be in place.

I will remain hopeful. As usual.

Why not...?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Its gonna rain!
PH2008092502364.jpg

If I keep posting this eventually I have to be wrong, right? ;-)

Last edited:

WJenness

Just in time for me to go to Utah... Hopefully I will come home to something nice. (And my flights won't get screwed up.)

delco714

Well we got 3-4" of snow so far. Very close to rain. It is heavy and thick like wet sand though

BenedictGomez

A few more tease jobs are popping up on the long-range.

Not that I really care.

I haven't been posting much in the weather forum this week, as I've finally wizened up and have reached "acceptance" on the Kubler-Ross model.

images