• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter Returns to NE

WoodCore

Three shots at some decent snow in the northeast next week. Things can change as the systems are still way out in the forecast models but keep it on the radar for sure! :snow::snow::snow:

gfs_ptype_slp_east_24.jpg

gfs_ptype_slp_east_32.jpg

gfs_ptype_slp_east_38.jpg

bigbog

Unfortunately the scale is graduated in quarters of inches instead of feet. Word = "dusting" of snow..if not simply the infamous mix(rain & snow).

Last edited:

Glenn

At this point, a few small, all snow events would be helpful.

Tin

What a difference a day can make. Getting some agreement.

sfcmslpconus.png

prateptypeconus.png

pratetypeconus.png

skibumski

Unfortunately the scale is graduated in quarters of inches instead of feet. Word = "dusting" of snow..if not simply the infamous mix(rain & snow).
That's the gradation for rain. You'd have to apply a multiplier to get your snow accumulations, probably somewhere around 10:1.

C-Rex

Dear Lord,
I don't ask for much. I don't even believe you really exist. But please, please, PLEASE make it dump snow on northern New England.

Amen.

There are no atheists during crappy ski/snowboard seasons.

wa-loaf

Facebook is teasing me by popping up a "memory" photo of a ton of snow from 5 years ago.

JDMRoma

Facebook is teasing me by popping up a "memory" photo of a ton of snow from 5 years ago.

Haha yes same here and trips I took to steamboat are killing me.

Not to mention I'm still getting updates daily from Steamboat. ..... Sickening !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

VTKilarney

One snowstorm is not going to cut it. This photograph was taken today north of Littleton, New Hampshire.

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1454598557.473290.jpg

mriceyman

I guess i decided to have another kid at th right time.. Will only get out a handful of times this season but im not missing much ..

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

chuckstah

4-8 inches tonight in the flatlands near Boston according to the local news. WTF? May have to drive south and make a few turns at Blue Hills tomorrow night. So sad.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
By the end of next week every region in the NE (From the Poconos to eastern Canada) should pick up 6in-12in give or take. Meanwhile, CO, UT, Tahoe, Jackson, Taos, Big Sky, etc all go dry. Sustained cold will put snowmakers out in full force. I still believe we'll see a turnaround, and soon.

VTKilarney

By the end of next week every region in the NE (From the Poconos to eastern Canada) should pick up 6in-12in give or take. Meanwhile, CO, UT, Tahoe, Jackson, Taos, Big Sky, etc all go dry. Sustained cold will put snowmakers out in full force. I still believe we'll see a turnaround, and soon.

As much as hate to say it, the days of snowmaking being in full force are very numbered.

drjeff

As much as hate to say it, the days of snowmaking being in full force are very numbered.

I think that most everyone will go at max capacity next week, ahead of Pres Week and NH school vacation week after that to get some serious resurfacing done and try and get some enthusiasm ahead of a more crucial than ever this season holiday period.

How many areas then transition from resurfacing directly into putting down some decent base for late(r) season operations will be interesting to see....