• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

iwon't formerly known as OldsnowboarderME

There's been so much drama on here lately (which, say what you will about women, I have not seen this much drama on the women's forums I visit) that I can hardly blame anyone for taking some time, re-evaluating the situation, and attempting a fresh start. Heck, I put myself in time-out for 2 weeks because it was getting to me and I wasn't even directly involved.

Regardless of intent of ones words, when one enters a thread that clearly is a serious one and deserving of support, one should choose his words wisely. There's a time for humor and perhaps even douchebaggery--and there's a time to consider mom's wisdom of "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." Filters, people. Use your internal filters.

Root actually asked me right before I took my break why I was getting touchy and my response was that AZ is like my home. I don't take kindly to people barging in and insulting my guests. I realize that discord is to be expected from time to time, and not everyone can get along. But decency would be nice. I thought we were adults here?

Best wishes, Jerry. Truly. :beer:
That's because deep down inside men are sensitive. ;-)
But you have to admit you can sense there has been a shift in attitude.

ComeBackMudPuddles

What I am I missing here people? This post seemed lighthearted, humorous, and he seemed to, in a sincere way, apologize for any offense and wished him well. Lighten up people!!!

Agreed... I thought Dougie was being pretty classy, in his own Steezey way.

+1,000,000

anyway, iwon't, sorry to hear about your dog. good luck with the positive vibes.

ComeBackMudPuddles

I'm quite aware of their relationship and I took GSS's comments as mocking Jerry for going to therapy and instituting change in his life. Others saw it the same way. Perhaps it was not offensive to Jerry. If I, JimG, Paul (one of the most dark humored members here) and others who 'know' the two members viewed it as such; what about how might a new forum member who doesn't know them view it?

And if GSS was truly just making an attempt at humor, why did he not defend himself when others suggested his comments were out of line? A simple, "oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come across as an asshole that was not my intent." would go a long way. Perception vs Intent

I think every member should feel safe in opening up about personal subjects without fear of being mocked or made fun of. Because I feel that way, it's my opinion that members should err on the side of restraint during such discussions. Right or wrong, that's my view.

:roll:

i wouldn't have included this in iwon't's "reboot", but, since the mod has, i will....

i really, honestly, can't see how anyone would think GSS was making fun of jerry for his post and new internest persona, or that he was being an asshole....give me a break. it seems more like certain people are turning anything GSS says into a criticism of the guy. with the hope to accompish what? that he'll go away?

sorry, iwon't, not trying to introduce negative vibes into your thread. just trying to have an honest discussion.

MR. evil

+1,000,000

anyway, iwon't, sorry to hear about your dog. good luck with the positive vibes.

+1,000,001

i wouldn't have included this in iwon't's "reboot", but, since the mod has, i will....

i really, honestly, can't see how anyone would think GSS was making fun of jerry for his post and new internest persona, or that he was being an asshole....give me a break. it seems more like certain people are turning anything GSS says into a criticism of the guy. with the hope to accompish what? that he'll go away?

I am so glad someone finally said this!

deadheadskier

Staff member

sorry, iwon't, not trying to introduce negative vibes into your thread. just trying to have an honest discussion.

I really don't understand what's so hard for people to understand about the concept of 'perception' vs 'intent'; that's the difference of opinion people are having here.

If GSS's intention was joking and not to be offensive, I mentioned a simple, 'sorry that was not my intent' would've ended it. He elected not to.

All I know is that if If I opened up and said I was embarking on a major life change and someone whom I had been recently feuding with told me my decision was 'lame'....I'd be offended. Not everyone would, but I would and apparently others agree.

This isn't some GSS witch hunt. I don't want to see him go away. As a 'moderator' I'm being asked to 'keep the peace' so to speak and that is done absent of whether or not I personally 'like' someone. For the record, Doug is one of my favorite personalities on here.

And so, here we are. I and other members made comments concerning his choice of words as seeming inappropriate, I addressed the issue directly with Doug via PM as well.

Some will agree, some will disagree. I don't regret making that 'call' I did and will do so again.

Geoff

I really don't understand what's so hard for people to understand about the concept of 'perception' vs 'intent'; that's the difference of opinion people are having here.

If GSS's intention was joking and not to be offensive, I mentioned a simple, 'sorry that was not my intent' would've ended it. He elected not to.

All I know is that if If I opened up and said I was embarking on a major life change and someone whom I had been recently feuding with told me my decision was 'lame'....I'd be offended. Not everyone would, but I would and apparently others agree.

This isn't some GSS witch hunt. I don't want to see him go away. As a 'moderator' I'm being asked to 'keep the peace' so to speak and that is done absent of whether or not I personally 'like' someone. For the record, Doug is one of my favorite personalities on here.

And so, here we are. I and other members made comments concerning his choice of words as seeming inappropriate, I addressed the issue directly with Doug via PM as well.

Some will agree, some will disagree. I don't regret making that 'call' I did and will do so again.

GSS exists to stir the pot. It's not personal. It's his calling. I'm entertained by it though it was way funnier when he was a teenager and the humor was accidental and less mean-spirited. You certainly can't fault his passion for skiing.

tjf67

to each there own. You will have to excuse me now I have to go change my pad.

Glenn

Good luck with the fresh start Jerry. It takes some brass to open up like that on the web. Kudos.