• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

On the road to 100K

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
This is post 100,000!

Where's the fireworks and baloons and stuff?

For the fear of death is indeed the pretense of wisdom, and not real wisdom, being a pretense of knowing the unknown; and no one knows whether death, which men in their fear apprehend to be the greatest evil, may not be the greatest good. Is not this ignorance of a disgraceful sort, the ignorance which is the conceit that a man knows what he does not know? And in this respect only I believe myself to differ from men in general, and may perhaps claim to be wiser than they are:—that whereas I know but little of the world below, I do not suppose that I know: but I do know that injustice and disobedience to a better, whether God or man, is evil and dishonorable, and I will never fear or avoid a possible good rather than a certain evil. And therefore if you let me go now, all you who are not convinced by Anytus, who said that since I had been prosecuted I must be put to death; (or if not that I ought never to have been prosecuted at all; and that if I escape now, your sons will all be utterly ruined by listening to my words, if you say to me, Socrates, this time we will not mind Anytus, and you shall be let off, but upon one condition, that you are not to enquire and speculate this way any more, and that if you are caught doing so again you shall die;, if this was the condition on which you let me go, I should reply: Men of Athens, I honor and love you; but I shall obey God rather than you, and while I have life and strength I shall never cease from the practice and teaching of philosophy, exhorting any one whom I meet and saying to him after my manner: You, my friend,, a citizen of the great and mighty and wise city of Athens,, are you not ashamed of heaping up the greatest amount of money and honor and reputation, and caring so little about wisdom and truth and the greatest improvement of the soul, which you never regard or heed at all? And if the person with whom I am arguing, says: Yes, but I do care; then I do not leave him or let him go at once; but I proceed to interrogate and examine and cross-examine him, and if I think that he has no virtue in him, but only says that he has, I reproach him with undervaluing the greater, and overvaluing the less.

Last edited:

pepsi

Congratulations!!

I'm just glad the 100,000 post wasn't in the crotch rash thread

Now I can get back to work.

Greg

Staff member
andyzee said:
This is post 100,000!

Where's the fireworks and baloons and stuff?
Oh....that's just great. Here I am waiting 5+ years to be able to be the one to make the 100,000th post and there you go and rob it from me. :( Talk about stealing my thunder.... :( :( :(

;)

BeanoNYC

Greg said:
Oh....that's just great. Here I am waiting 5+ years to be able to be the one to make the 100,000th post and there you go and rob it from me. :( Talk about stealing my thunder.... :( :( :(

;)

We'll let you make the 200,000 post in 3 years, Greg.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Greg said:

;)

You snooze, you loose. Now get to work on the next 100k :)