• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Single Cup Coffee Makers: Do you like yours?

gmcunni

A basic keurig here. Love it. But it's causing me to drink too much coffee...

what he said. got the mini as a gift for christmas but returned it and got the next one up. guy @ bed bath and beyond said lot of ppl return the mini due to lack of controls and understanding.

our whole family loves it. kids make hot chocolate, wife makes tea and i go with coffee. now just drinking way too much coffee.

ta&idaho

I got the Keurig B60 as a gift, moved the 4-cup coffeemaker I used to use to the cupboard (limited counter space), found I was often out of the K-cups (almost never just made one) so I had to pull out the old coffeemaker and use it anyway, found I liked the taste, smell and experience of fresher coffee, wife started complaining about two coffeemakers on our limited counter space, sold the Keurig. Now I'm back to the old 4-cup coffeemaker, which I love.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Nobody uses the My K-Cup? You can use your own coffee (even freshly ground!). You're not wasting paper or plastic by doing this--no cups thrown away from the prepackaged K-cups, no coffee filters in the garbage. I'm surprised... Figured that would be the environmentally-friendly angle. ;)

gmcunni

Nobody uses the My K-Cup? You can use your own coffee (even freshly ground!). You're not wasting paper or plastic by doing this--no cups thrown away from the prepackaged K-cups, no coffee filters in the garbage. I'm surprised... Figured that would be the environmentally-friendly angle. ;)

i have that but haven't used it yet. still enjoying the giant packs my wife picked up @ the store.

ta&idaho

Brewing a single cup of regular old coffee with a machine the size and decibel level of a small refrigerator sounds like skiing the rope tow with 130cm-waisted powder boards and a full pack of avi gear.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Brewing a single cup of regular old coffee with a machine the size and decibel level of a small refrigerator sounds like skiing the rope tow with 130cm-waisted powder boards and a full pack of avi gear.

Notice the ;).

I had a Krups 10-cup (or was it 12-cup?) coffee maker before. Never could get the proportions right for my 1 cup every few or less days. Liking this much better.

skizilla

Kcup awesome

I have the Kuering and I love it easy to use next to no clean up. Yes it does have the capacity to make coffee from fresh grounds if you are concerned about throwing away the plastic cups which are not recycleable a problem i guess the are working on. If you set coffee to a lower size the brew will be more powerful larger more mild. I owned stock in green mountain and saw it more than double before I sold it. So I really love it.

Glenn

I bought the mid range model Keurig for Christmas. You can brew two cup sizes. For us, it's the ease of brewing. You brew a cup, toss the K Cup and that's that. I just fill it with water every few days. I have the My K-Cup...it works OK IMHO. I could never get the mix right. It was either a little bland, or the flavor was right but I OD'd on caffine. My wife will pick up the boxes of K-Cup at Bed Bath and Beyond. She'll use those 20% off coupons they seems to mail us weekly.

Geoff

Depending on where the rope tow goes, that might be appropriate gear. :)

For a single cup, I think boiling water on the stove top and using a single cup Melitta filter cone that sits on top of your coffee cup with fresh ground beans makes the best cup of coffee.

WakeboardMom

Depending on where the rope tow goes, that might be appropriate gear. :)

For a single cup, I think boiling water on the stove top and using a single cup Melitta filter cone that sits on top of your coffee cup with fresh ground beans makes the best cup of coffee.

That or the French press. I think the French press is awesome.

skijay

I have two Keurig machines. The B30 personal model for work and the B77 - the one with the reservoir and the multi cup size for home. Love both.

Geoff

My hotel room in Denver has a B130. I'm on my 2nd cup of "Emeril's "Big Easy Bold" K-cup. It really sucks.

2knees

Whats wrong with instant coffee for single cups?

my choice....

tasters_choice2.jpg

:puke: shit's nasty though.

Glenn

Bumpin' an old thread....

Our Keurig was having an issue brewing lately. It was shorting the first cup and at times, the pump would stay on for a long time and the machine would shut down. I called the company, they took my info and went to transfer me to tech support. They were all busy, so they said someone would call back. The next day, they did.

Long story short, it wasn't something they could fix over the phone. They're sending us a new brewer, no questions asked. And two boxes of our favorite k cup for the trouble. We just have to send the K cup holder from the old brewer back.

So, the company does take care of its customers.

HD333

Bumpin' an old thread....

Our Keurig was having an issue brewing lately. It was shorting the first cup and at times, the pump would stay on for a long time and the machine would shut down. I called the company, they took my info and went to transfer me to tech support. They were all busy, so they said someone would call back. The next day, they did.

Long story short, it wasn't something they could fix over the phone. They're sending us a new brewer, no questions asked. And two boxes of our favorite k cup for the trouble. We just have to send the K cup holder from the old brewer back.

So, the company does take care of its customers.

Yes they do take care of the problems, but my old man has played that game 4 times and my MIL has done it twice. The quality just isn't there. It does brew a nice cup when it works though.

Last edited:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Our Keurig was having an issue brewing lately. It was shorting the first cup . . .

Mine has been doing that if it sits for a long time. So if I haven't used it in a while, I run just water through for the first 2 cups, then it works fine after that. I forgot where I read it but I did find that was an issue for others. Didn't think to call tech support... But it sounds like yours was having other problems, too. Sorry to hear that but glad they took care of it right away!