• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The cooking thread-

ctenidae

Probably- may take longer to melt, but probably won't burn.
Other good things for dipping: mushrooms, ham, apples, fingers (careful), gerbils, small birds...

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
ctenidae said:
Probably- may take longer to melt, but probably won't burn.
Other good things for dipping: mushrooms, ham, apples, fingers (careful), gerbils, small birds...

Cats?

I mean if you're going for the Chinese theme...

ctenidae

Cats are good- you can dunk them by their tails.

Another fondue that's really good is a vat of hot oil, dunk in chunks of beef. Crispy browned outside, nice rare inside. with a sauce of sour cream, apples and onions, a pool of soy souce, salt and peper, Lowry's, all good things. Do NOT dip your finger in that one. And make sure the cat's at least stunned, otherwise they get a bit difficult to handle.

dmc

ctenidae said:
Cats are good- you can dunk them by their tails.

Another fondue that's really good is a vat of hot oil, dunk in chunks of beef. Crispy browned outside, nice rare inside. with a sauce of sour cream, apples and onions, a pool of soy souce, salt and peper, Lowry's, all good things. Do NOT dip your finger in that one. And make sure the cat's at least stunned, otherwise they get a bit difficult to handle.

Thats really horrible and not really even funny.. I know your joking but I really dig my cats and the thought makes me ill.. :(

ctenidae

Sorry about that, dmc- I was trying to find the small font thing to add a disclaimer because I knew it was a bit much.

Marc started it, though. I blame it all on him.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
OK Marc, I feel sorry for your poor single ass. Here's one I always enjoyed, great stew and it'll last all week:

Brown Irish Lamb Stew
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 1/2 pounds boneless lamb shoulder -- cubed
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground sage
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
2 cups chicken bouillon
3 cups potato -- sliced
2 cups turnip -- diced
2 cups carrot -- sliced
1 cup onion -- sliced
1 cup green beans -- cut
Add oil to saucepan. Combine lamb pepper, sage and celery seeds. Cook over low heat until lamb is browned on all sides. Add bouillon cover. Cook 30 min.over low heat. Add remaining ingreidients, cover and cook 30 min or until tender

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Who likes a good Flank Steak.....Marinate for 24hrs with Soy sauce, Lots of Honey, garlic, Red onion, olive oil, Salt & Pepper. Grill on High for 5 min a side.....Sometimes I miss my old carear.

ChileMass

Some guy just opened an absolutely authentic North Carolina BBQ place about 1/4 mile down the street from my office. I had a brisket sandwich today with beans and slaw, and I really wish I had the nerve to ask the guy for his recipe for beef brisket. Yummmmm......

So when is the 1st Annual AZ BBQ Contest, anyway - ???? Could we get a hill to sponsor it or enter one if it already exists?

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
ChileMass said:
Some guy just opened an absolutely authentic North Carolina BBQ place about 1/4 mile down the street from my office. I had a brisket sandwich today with beans and slaw, and I really wish I had the nerve to ask the guy for his recipe for beef brisket. Yummmmm......

So when is the 1st Annual AZ BBQ Contest, anyway - ???? Could we get a hill to sponsor it or enter one if it already exists?

Bear Mountain Mogul Challenge in Killington this weekend has a cookoff.

ctenidae

ChileMass said:

Where is this? Though I prefer Tennessee or Texas BBQ, NC works in a pinch. Tough to find decent Southern food up here in the frozen wastelands. Of course, it's tough to find decent skiing down South, too.

ChileMass

The dude is my hero..
016_christopherknight_adriannecurry_fashionweek05.jpg

times two..