• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 12/17 Storm Discussion Thread

ERJ-145CA

It started snowing here around 7 or 8 last night, we got about a 1/2 inch then it changed to freezing rain, it was fun cleaning the ice of the car at 5 AM.

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
try any of the woods?

No, no woods, I wouldn't do them yet. Reason being we got a lot of rain Monday through Monday night with 50F temps, and then on Tuesday it was below freezing. The surface conditions yesterday were almost bullet proof on the trail, and a lot was taken away off the trail. But if these storms keep coming in as predicted we'll be in there soon!

Zand

About 2 inches here topped with a light coating of freezing rain (those words make central MAers and southern NHers cringe right now). 3" topped with freezing rain at Wachusett. Now for the real storms.

danny p

this storm totally delivered! 8-10" @ K yesterday with only an hour of changeover to sleet/freezing r@^n and then back to snow. Trees were sick! Bring on the refresh! Vermont has got the goods!

Elf28p

Advice

So where and when should a fellow CT skier go for this storm? I can go Friday night or Saturday. Thanks.

Moe Ghoul

It's Thursday nite, 7:39, I pounded a NY strip at the Hydeaway Inn, Nicely buzzed with a Castletrock after glow and we nailed the preseason motherlode as Wednesday was a great ski day, 6-9" total with plenty of snow dunes off the Heavensgate lift. Overcast and very little wind for past 2 days, Paradise was a little too ruff for the Coomba's, I carved out about 50 Lbs of rock, and stayed off of it. I can appreciate the magic of Mad River Valley, and words don't properly describe it. Good news, more snow moving in Friday, so we're staying til saturday.stoke. We Ran on the Valleyhouse and heavensgate lift all day yesterday, and the Super bravo lift, and Castlerock today. Snow has been very good, Tuesday was powderish (for the East Coast), today got another coupla inches of denser snow, and the 30+ temps made it heavier, but still very playful. Life is good, the Doors just came on the jukebox.......