• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

Wow..after 4 days straight of playing poker I just want to take a break..with 52 players remaining in a tournement with 360..I looked down at AK...I went all-in..even though I could have probably coasted to the money folding every hand..instinct took over..another guy called my AK...he showed A10..all 5 cards were low..and boo-yah..GSS took the pot..now I can coast into the money and see if I can make the final table..I just folded pocket 4's..and AJ..I want to get paid in this one...

I ended up in 30th place out of 360 in the poker tournement..just enough to make two-buy-ins..I just chatted with a ski buddy who live in DC..and now I'm taking out some more garbage..I still haven't eaten a bite of food yet today...I'm withering away..

Moe Ghoul

Made an omelette for bfast, watching some pre game NFL shows, checking weather this week to plan out spreading lime, fertilizer, seed and driveway sealing by next weekend. Still have some wardrobe switching and winterizing chores to knock out so I'm putting together the list.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Dealing with the "results" of a short term set back in the potty training of my son :puke: :rolleyes: :(
I really feel for you. Our 3 year old has been fighting potty training for 1.5 years now. We have limited success from time to time... but that's it. :(

Let's see... after getting very little sleep last night due to a sick little boy waking frequently (and staying on the couch so I could be nearby), B made sure I wasn't bothered after sun-up so I got a couple hours of rest in. Made a huge brunch (turkey bacon, maple sausage, berry pancakes, taters, eggs) and now I'm just catching up a little online. Then it's back to homework. Still haven't done my take-home exam question and I owe those 4 pgs tomorrow. :eek: I write best under pressure. :D Then again, I also have about 190 pgs of reading to do, too... and the handyman is coming back tomorrow to continue working on the bathroom ceiling. Ugh.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
editing all the logos for the LED screens at the season finally of the housewives of NYC show on tuesday. what graphic designer worth .2$ sends a logo with out converting all fonts to outlines. friggin amatures. what are they teaching these kids in school.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
editing all the logos for the LED screens at the season finally of the housewives of NYC show on tuesday. what graphic designer worth .2$ sends a logo with out converting all fonts to outlines. friggin amatures. what are they teaching these kids in school.
In my Research and Technology class, we spend 5 weeks on "learning" how to make an effective Power Point presentation. Sad fact of that class is most of the students only practiced what I like to call "Death by Power Point".

hardline

In my Research and Technology class, we spend 5 weeks on "learning" how to make an effective Power Point presentation. Sad fact of that class is most of the students only practiced what I like to call "Death by Power Point".

i can teach you how to make a great powerpoint slide in a few hours. the problem is when you get into the corp world the execs want a ton of stuff on a single slide which doesn't work. most of my time designing presentations for fortune 500 companies has been spent teaching the execs how to work of of small blurbs. i still do some for a few firms end of yeard presentations. they book me a full year in advance so i can work with the different departments. so it actually more of a presentation consutation job than it is a design job.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Believe me, I'm an expert at corporate powerpoints (no more than 6 bullets and explain the rest) I actually used those classes as an excuse to drink in class. 5 week, it was pretty painful.

Best class I took was on technical writing which focused 100% on different communication techniques for the corporate world.

hardline

Believe me, I'm an expert at corporate powerpoints (no more than 6 bullets and explain the rest) I actually used those classes as an excuse to drink in class. 5 week, it was pretty painful.

Best class I took was on technical writing which focused 100% on different communication techniques for the corporate world.

tech writing was a class i had to take as well. very usefull class.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Starting my take-home exam all over again. I hit a dead-end with the question I originally chose and decided to pick another one. I think it's going to be a late night... good thing I drank a lot of coffee earlier.

getting ready for work..28 degrees out and frost on my car...my apartment is down to 64 inside..I might need to use the heat in a few days..