• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf and Sunday River open tomorrow (11/23)

FBGM

You don't deal with that too often out your way in UT. But I have skied with that, at least at the lower elevations, in PC.
It happens out here. I’d say 1-2 times a year we get a warm storm that pushes snow levels up. And it sucks. And we complain.

KustyTheKlown

It happens out here. I’d say 1-2 times a year we get a warm storm that pushes snow levels up. And it sucks. And we complain.

i was at alta/bird for that big crazy super wet cement storm in feb that interlodged everyone. later that week we went to pow mow. that all came in as rain for pow mow and our first day there was some of the worst conditions I've ever skied out west. the next day it snowed about a foot during the ski day with refills everywhere and it was so epic. i really liked pow mow.

Vortex

The River was good today. Damp to Soggy, very safely socially distanced set up. Well planned out and plenty of good terrain. Going tomorrow for a bit as well. It will be solid and Cold. Another expansion attempt tonight with the snow making window. Upper Risky is close. Monday Morning and Cascades have a way to go. Snow report said Road Runner may come on line as well. Day one in the books.

Terry

The River was good today. Damp to Soggy, very safely socially distanced set up. Well planned out and plenty of good terrain. Going tomorrow for a bit as well. It will be solid and Cold. Another expansion attempt tonight with the snow making window. Upper Risky is close. Monday Morning and Cascades have a way to go. Snow report said Road Runner may come on line as well. Day one in the books.
Glad you got out Vortex. We will be skiing soon also I hope.