• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

thebigo

Looks like Vail has taken all the phones off the hook at Wildcat..
I worked there for many years so I have many direct #'s, and NOBODY is picking up on any line - Front Desk, Patrol, Ski School, Pub, Shop all not answering for 3-4 hours w/ No voicemail No nothing.....

Conway paper now has multiple Complaint Editorials from locals who have been w/ Tash/Cat for for 40+ years
I typically try to make idle chatter with the scanners, cashiers, lifties, parking, etc simply because i appreciate the work they are doing. There is a profound defensive reflex among any customer facing staff, triggered by any comment that can be construed as negative. I am not surprised they stopped answering the phones, how many times can a person take shit about something over which they have no control?

There was an article yesterday about a family that waited EIGHT hours to get through to epic customer service before giving up. What is a customer left to do but bitch at the one person they can find?

I am surprised attitash and wildcat have any employees left.

2Planker

I wasn't going to bitch. Only wanted to ask about Bar hours....
10-15 calls over 2-3 hours. No answer, No voicemail. Just rang & rang forever.....

The customer (lack of) service is certainly new for The Cat.
They used to be excellent, especially the "guest facing" personnel.

BW and Black have definitely profited from Vail's horrendous showing this year

thetrailboss

Staff member
I typically try to make idle chatter with the scanners, cashiers, lifties, parking, etc simply because i appreciate the work they are doing. There is a profound defensive reflex among any customer facing staff, triggered by any comment that can be construed as negative. I am not surprised they stopped answering the phones, how many times can a person take shit about something over which they have no control?

There was an article yesterday about a family that waited EIGHT hours to get through to epic customer service before giving up. What is a customer left to do but bitch at the one person they can find?

I am surprised attitash and wildcat have any employees left.
I see the same thing at Snowbird and Solitude after IKON.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I wasn't going to bitch. Only wanted to ask about Bar hours....
10-15 calls over 2-3 hours. No answer, No voicemail. Just rang & rang forever.....

The customer (lack of) service is certainly new for The Cat.
They used to be excellent, especially the "guest facing" personnel.

BW and Black have definitely profited from Vail's horrendous showing this year

I can't see Linda, Heather and crew doing this without some directive from above. Cat pub ladies have always been awesome. Have treated me like gold for years now. I feel awful for them having to deal with Vails BS.

2Planker

How though? Vail took everyone's money for Epic passes. Now NEXT season I can see there being a migration.

I can't see Linda, Heather and crew doing this without some directive from above. Cat pub ladies have always been awesome. Have treated me like gold for years now. I feel awful for them having to deal with Vails BS.
Maybe it was their day off ?
Siesta ?

Mainer

You work for a shitty company you deal with shit. Honestly people are still going to be buying epic. Locals are the only ones that will suffer. It’s a great deal for the average skier. But somebody that regularly skis one local mountain gets a much poorer , more crowded experience. I hate when people say “It’s a pandemic be happy we’re skiing” or “ there is no foreign employees this year, can’t run all the lifts” You have known all summer this was going to happen. You started hiring in December and pay less then the competition. Pathetic.

machski

As they should. Brighton (another Boyne resort) also implemented reservations for IKON passes. Why? Because IKON created TOO MUCH CROWDING and Boyne did not want to lose their passholders. I have no sympathy for IKON passholders as to this issue--if you want unlimited access then buy a season pass to a single mountain. Boyne did the right thing.
You crack me up. Other than Copper and Eldora, Powder resorts are not unlimited on Ikon.

machski

Wow! Even worse than I thought. So K decided to screw their own passholders all on their own?

You guys are putting nails in the VT coffin faster than a nail gun!
JimG, what you are missing is the parking reservation system was not Killington's doing on their own. Powdr instituted this at ALL THEIR RESORTS this season. This was a Powdr HQ decision to deal with Covid.

thetrailboss

Staff member
JimG, what you are missing is the parking reservation system was not Killington's doing on their own. Powdr instituted this at ALL THEIR RESORTS this season. This was a Powdr HQ decision to deal with Covid.
His point, and mine, is that it was implemented after POWDR sold passes and that it potentially restricts season passholders. That's an issue.

JimG.

Staff member
It seems to me you’re issue is with killington in particular and not the other alterra owned by resorts.
I don't really have any issues. Just not into any of these restrictions. So I'm bagging VT at least this season and so far I'm really happy I did.

But you're half correct...I was ready to cut K some slack but now you have enlightened me to the fact that the parking policy is Killington's.

All of which I blame on the overcrowding that the IKON (and Epic) pass created in the first place. Just to be clear.

skiur

I don't really have any issues. Just not into any of these restrictions. So I'm bagging VT at least this season and so far I'm really happy I did.

But you're half correct...I was ready to cut K some slack but now you have enlightened me to the fact that the parking policy is Killington's.

All of which I blame on the overcrowding that the IKON (and Epic) pass created in the first place. Just to be clear.

Then your one less person for me to deal with at K next year! Btw, K has been going strong with snowmaking, has not been very crowded even on weekends. I have skied 16 days with many Saturdays and have had no issues getting a parking rez. And you don't even need them weekdays anymore. I for one am very happy how K has handled what is a very trying season.

HowieT2

How so? Snowbird is unlimited. There are blackouts for holidays, but other than that, no reservations needed.
Really? I thought Ikon was limited to 7 days at Alta/snowbird combined. Maybe I'm mistaken so correct me if I'm wrong.

HowieT2

bag away, that's your prerogative. As a sugarbush skier, I can report to you that overcrowding has not been an issue. Maybe that's because of covid related travel restrictions, I don't know, but it doesnt seem to be a problem so far this season. I have heard that Hunter and Windham have been busier than usual.

FBGM

Really? I thought Ikon was limited to 7 days at Alta/snowbird combined. Maybe I'm mistaken so correct me if I'm wrong.
They are. 5 days combined for base a d 7 for upgraded pass.

Have no plans to ski Bird since they have parking reservations which is a pain in the ass. Alta is fine.

cdskier

It is limited to 7 combined days at Alta/Snowbird on the full Ikon. Solitude is the only unlimited UT resort on Ikon.

bag away, that's your prerogative. As a sugarbush skier, I can report to you that overcrowding has not been an issue. Maybe that's because of covid related travel restrictions, I don't know, but it doesnt seem to be a problem so far this season. I have heard that Hunter and Windham have been busier than usual.

Agreed. My condo parking lot is packed every weekend though, so it isn't second-homeowners or long term renters that are staying away. I'd bet there's a lot of people that usually either buy day tickets or Quad packs that are the ones not coming (personally I wouldn't be upset if they never brought the Quad packs back). Not sure how busy any of the lodging properties are on the weekends. Either they're losing people/business, or else it is day-trippers staying away (or a combination).

Will be interesting to see how long the trend of not being too crowded here at SB continues.

Jersey Skier

Hunter got so nuts I went further north. And pay for the privilege.. It was ok early season. People want to ski..Hunter is close.
I was at Hunter yesterday. 20+ minutes on the singles line for the 6 pack. I'm not sure Hunter has more customers now, it's just that they are all on the hill since they can't hang out in the lodge all day.

Also seems like the lifties gave up on 6 ft. of spacing. At least 3 times they had four other skiers go up with me as a single. That's BS. No issues on the North or West side.

BTW, these two boneheads decided to slip and slide their way down Westway, Patrol was sitting at the bottom with binoculars and pointing at them. Looked like they were going to be waiting a long time.

EDF9546C-8E1C-4B20-8D57-A8138F7ABE7C.JPEG