• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

2Planker

I wasn't going to bitch. Only wanted to ask about Bar hours....
10-15 calls over 2-3 hours. No answer, No voicemail. Just rang & rang forever.....

The customer (lack of) service is certainly new for The Cat.
They used to be excellent, especially the "guest facing" personnel.

BW and Black have definitely profited from Vail's horrendous showing this year

thetrailboss

Staff member
I typically try to make idle chatter with the scanners, cashiers, lifties, parking, etc simply because i appreciate the work they are doing. There is a profound defensive reflex among any customer facing staff, triggered by any comment that can be construed as negative. I am not surprised they stopped answering the phones, how many times can a person take shit about something over which they have no control?

There was an article yesterday about a family that waited EIGHT hours to get through to epic customer service before giving up. What is a customer left to do but bitch at the one person they can find?

I am surprised attitash and wildcat have any employees left.
I see the same thing at Snowbird and Solitude after IKON.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I wasn't going to bitch. Only wanted to ask about Bar hours....
10-15 calls over 2-3 hours. No answer, No voicemail. Just rang & rang forever.....

The customer (lack of) service is certainly new for The Cat.
They used to be excellent, especially the "guest facing" personnel.

BW and Black have definitely profited from Vail's horrendous showing this year

I can't see Linda, Heather and crew doing this without some directive from above. Cat pub ladies have always been awesome. Have treated me like gold for years now. I feel awful for them having to deal with Vails BS.

2Planker

How though? Vail took everyone's money for Epic passes. Now NEXT season I can see there being a migration.

I can't see Linda, Heather and crew doing this without some directive from above. Cat pub ladies have always been awesome. Have treated me like gold for years now. I feel awful for them having to deal with Vails BS.
Maybe it was their day off ?
Siesta ?

Mainer

You work for a shitty company you deal with shit. Honestly people are still going to be buying epic. Locals are the only ones that will suffer. It’s a great deal for the average skier. But somebody that regularly skis one local mountain gets a much poorer , more crowded experience. I hate when people say “It’s a pandemic be happy we’re skiing” or “ there is no foreign employees this year, can’t run all the lifts” You have known all summer this was going to happen. You started hiring in December and pay less then the competition. Pathetic.