• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

catskillman

Cops on skis at Vail:
I found the below quote in the article interesting....

The mid-mountain Cloud Nine Bistro at Aspen Highlands regularly sells more than 100 bottles of champagne every weekend lunch. (A Chicago man being sued in Pitkin County for an alleged hit-and-run crash at Aspen Highlands that injured another skier had just paid a $4,704 tab from Cloud Nine from earlier in the afternoon.)

dblskifanatic

I found the below quote in the article interesting....

The mid-mountain Cloud Nine Bistro at Aspen Highlands regularly sells more than 100 bottles of champagne every weekend lunch. (A Chicago man being sued in Pitkin County for an alleged hit-and-run crash at Aspen Highlands that injured another skier had just paid a $4,704 tab from Cloud Nine from earlier in the afternoon.)

Not surprising! If you ever drive East on I 70 there are a lot of skiing injury lawsuit billboards! Must be there incase someone is festering over an accident on the slopes.

1dog

Some of it are just different standard. Or, different tolerance to risk (of getting infected, death, etc.)

Canada has lower case & death per million population than the US. But it choose to close stuff, when the US choose to remain open with higher cases and death number. The Canadian border is closed to anyone who's not a citizen/residents. The US border is mostly open except for countries/regions with high infection rate.

Europe is the same there. Some country choose to stay open despite high numbers. Other country choose to close even their number aren't all that high.
so southern border immigrants have no Covid cases? ( Or masks, apparently) Mexico, all of Central America, etc.?

thebigo

I skied ragged today with my daughter, the difference between an organization that gives a shit about their customers and one that assumes the next customer will replace the last customer could not be more apparent.

The surface today at ragged was better than anything vail has offered in nh since February.

There is more snow at ragged than wildcat.

thebigo

Wildcat a week ago

Attachments

• 20210327_095033.jpg
    20210327_095033.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 32
  • 20210327_092707.jpg
    20210327_092707.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 31

thebigo

One thing vail did well this year are the new bottle filling stations at attitash and crotched.

I never understood why they are not ubiquitous. Especially needed on warm spring days when the sun saps the hydration and beers go down easy.

Could not find any at ragged over the weekend and the closest I found at loon today were $4 bottles.

Edd

So Wildcat is calling it a season a week early. Some obvious back and forth on social media, with people defending them because we’ve had brutal weather since March began. But, this gives them a pass on the snowmaking earlier this year. Nearby Boyne areas are making them look pretty bad.

Smellytele

So Wildcat is calling it a season a week early. Some obvious back and forth on social media, with people defending them because we’ve had brutal weather since March began. But, this gives them a pass on the snowmaking earlier this year. Nearby Boyne areas are making them look pretty bad.
Cannon is closing after today. They had some "interesting" thin spots yesterday and it had been noted on here that they had been blowing a ton of snow. The connector trails were the issue.

2Planker

Sunday April 11, 2021.

In true Wildcat fashion we’d like to end our season on a high note. After assessing our terrain we have decided that today, April 11th will be the final day of the 20/21 season. First off, we’d like to extend a HUGE thank you to the Wildcat staff who have kept us safe through a season like no other. We would also like to thank you, our loyal guests, for masking up, hanging in your mobile base lodges, and proving that the Wildcat faithful are the best around. Enjoy the spring turns and we look forward to seeing you next season. Cheers!

Please know that you will encounter variable spring conditions, not suitable for beginner skiers and riders.

Josh Klevans

General Manager

cid:image001.png@01D680FC.01053240