• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2021-22 Season Passes

machski

Well, we went NEP Silvers and Epic Local. Price of both is $200 or so LESS than NEP Platinum. May add in Indy's too depending on it's price point. Had to mix it up this year from Ikon stuff, especially since the Platinum NEP Ikon Base doesn't offer option to add Aspens/JHMR.

Edd

Well, we went NEP Silvers and Epic Local. Price of both is $200 or so LESS than NEP Platinum. May add in Indy's too depending on it's price point. Had to mix it up this year from Ikon stuff, especially since the Platinum NEP Ikon Base doesn't offer option to add Aspens/JHMR.
My impression of you is a SR/Loon guy, so I’m guessing the Ikon wouldn’t get it done for you. What’s your plan for the Epic Local?

machski

My impression of you is a SR/Loon guy, so I’m guessing the Ikon wouldn’t get it done for you. What’s your plan for the Epic Local?
Loon fills a need for close to home (Manchester NH area) but yes, SR is our prime. Epic will use close to home at Crotched and Sunapee, probably toss in some Cat from SR condo (especially when blacked out on NEP silver), wife has never skied Okemo and Stowe so hit those a bit. Plus, likely two western trips. CO and hopefully Blackcomb/Whistler assuming border is open.

Probably would have stayed NEP Platinum if the included Ikon Base had Aspens on it. But it doesn't, and that is where is want to go in that grouping. So a bit of a change up this season (plus the wife has had it with teaching as a career, so midweek days are open for her now)

Pez

Moving my season pass from Butternut to Berk East. Little more expensive, but much more interesting terrain. About the same distance from my house too.

Probablyu going to end up getting an epic NE pass again too. it is what it is with that one

Killingtime

Moving my season pass from Butternut to Berk East. Little more expensive, but much more interesting terrain. About the same distance from my house too.

Probablyu going to end up getting an epic NE pass again too. it is what it is with that one
Butternut is a cool little place that doesn't get a lot of attention but I agree, BE has the better terrain.

urungus

Plus with your Berkshire East Pass, you can get the IndyPass add-on at a significant discount, this year is was $169 vs regular IndyPass price of $259. Edit: Early bird pricing was $129 vs $199

Last edited:

mikec142

FYI...I received a $14.71 credit in my account for my Ikon Pass. I elected the all resorts option. I have to say that I'm pleased to get anything back as I certainly got my money's worth out of the IP this season.

cdskier

FYI...I received a $14.71 credit in my account for my Ikon Pass. I elected the all resorts option. I have to say that I'm pleased to get anything back as I certainly got my money's worth out of the IP this season.

You can thank Ontario for that credit!

No credit for me (I chose the Sugarbush only option), but I have 45 days on my pass so far so I definitely got my money's worth out of it. Just renewed my pass.

p_levert

You can thank Ontario for that credit!

No credit for me (I chose the Sugarbush only option), but I have 45 days on my pass so far so I definitely got my money's worth out of it. Just renewed my pass.

Yes, thank you Doug Ford and Ontario! I picked Blue Mountain as my favored destination, even though I had no intention of going there. My credit is $297.00!!! Woohoo!

abc

Plus with your Berkshire East Pass, you can get the IndyPass add-on at a significant discount, this year is was $169 vs regular IndyPass price of $259. Edit: Early bird pricing was $129 vs $199
When do the early bird price typically expire?

With the Epic price drop, plus the rollover credit from 19/20 for me, it's a no-brainer to get it again for 21/22. But it's so dirt cheap that I'm contemplating picking up the Indy in addition (largely in the event of another Wildcat fiasco, as I typically go up there during Christmas-New Year time - mostly to cross country ski, but usually tack on some downhill days)

mikec142

Yes, thank you Doug Ford and Ontario! I picked Blue Mountain as my favored destination, even though I had no intention of going there. My credit is $297.00!!! Woohoo!
That's awesome. I remember you posting your logic around picking Blue. Smart move.

KustyTheKlown

i got $8 and also chose all destinations. i am a base pass, were you a full pass? only thing i can think of as to why we'd get different credits.

KustyTheKlown

thats some dope strategic thinking you employed there. canada was always more likely to lock shit down.

cdskier

Did you not use the pass much then?

Ikon's "Adventure Assurance" program didn't matter how much you used the pass. It was based purely on providing pro-rated credit for any resort closures. Two people that made the same "Adventure Assurance" choices would get the same credit even if 1 person skied 100 days and the other skied 2 days.

Reactions: abc

p_levert

Did you not use the pass much then?

Yeah, cdskier explained it. As it turns out, I used my Ikon base pass 9 days, for a per day of $67 (before credit). With the credit, the per day cost was cut in half, so $34 or so. All good.

urungus

When do the early bird price typically expire?

With the Epic price drop, plus the rollover credit from 19/20 for me, it's a no-brainer to get it again for 21/22. But it's so dirt cheap that I'm contemplating picking up the Indy in addition (largely in the event of another Wildcat fiasco, as I typically go up there during Christmas-New Year time - mostly to cross country ski, but usually tack on some downhill days)

Looks like last year the price for the regular (not add-on) IndyPass was introduced at $199, went to $229 at some point, then on Jan 1 increased to $259. Next seasons pricing, new resorts, etc are due to be announced next week on April 27.

mlkrgr

Wawa raised their prices up for next year's season pass, but will go on sale on May 3. Looks like the rates increased $25-$90 depending on pass type and the "weekender" option is now removed.
Next year's GPS prices:
$639 gold
$439 silver
$319 bronze.

Paid $254 for a bronze past season for buying it during the summer, but $319 is still not bad. Epic Northesast pass at $479 is very tempting as Crotched is only 10 minutes shorter (but 15 fewer miles) from my house. Plus, the fact that I can get to ski during Saturday days for less than the price of a gold pass at Wawa... which is the only time that I can ski with my GF as she wants to go during the day. Kinda feeling a little uneasy with how Vail dropped the ball and I like the second grooming at night at Wawa.

Smellytele

Wawa raised their prices up for next year's season pass, but will go on sale on May 3. Looks like the rates increased $25-$90 depending on pass type and the "weekender" option is now removed.
Next year's GPS prices:
$639 gold
$439 silver
$319 bronze.

Paid $254 for a bronze past season for buying it during the summer, but $319 is still not bad. Epic Northesast pass at $479 is very tempting as Crotched is only 10 minutes shorter (but 15 fewer miles) from my house. Plus, the fact that I can get to ski during Saturday days for less than the price of a gold pass at Wawa... which is the only time that I can ski with my GF as she wants to go during the day. Kinda feeling a little uneasy with how Vail dropped the ball and I like the second grooming at night at Wawa.
They didn’t really drop the ball at the crotch.