• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Permanent Industry Changes in the Post-COVID World

Status
Not open for further replies.

abc

deadheadskier

Staff member
What Canada has done to their economy with these policies could be catastrophic. Time will tell. But they banned everyone including Canadians so your saying closing the borders because “some” travelers “may” harm Americans would be ok in your mind?

I would also bet the large majority of Americans aren’t concerned with zipping over to Quebec to ski lol.

I have no problem with private businesses enforcing vaccine/testing mandates. But it’s on them not the Fed’s to enforce it. People will make their choices and many free market forces will determine those businesses fate.

to my knowledge we don’t require employers to require any other vaccines?

I didn't have a problem with our much stricter travel bans in 2020 and I don't have a problem with the much less restrictive travel ban Canada still has. I assume in the next 3-12 months the situation will improve.

We don't require employers to no. But we do require them in schools, so effectively we do for the vast majority of American workers anyway. About 92% of the US has the MMR vaccine, which isn't 100% effective either. Don't hear many people crying tyranny on that like they now are with Covid.

I really don't see it as a big deal. I've had to get a flu shot every year for the past ten working in healthcare. I now have to for Covid too. The rewards outweigh the risks.

You feel differently. Ok. We won't see eye to eye

icecoast1

people with legitimate medical reasons to not get vaccinated are a sliver of the unvaccinated. for the most part, they're just anti-science right wing shitheads who should get fucked with a rusty metal dildo. or left wing burning man hippie assholes who also should get the rusty dildo
I doubt the large number of minority people that have not gotten the shot are right wingers, but by all means keep reciting those talking points

KustyTheKlown

employers dont need to require vaccinations for other shit because everyone got vaccinated for other shit when they were children. this is new shit. get with the program.

KustyTheKlown

I doubt the large number of minority people that have not gotten the shot are right wingers, but by all means keep reciting those talking points

keep deflecting and denying that the right-wing is the primary source of the problem at hand.

1631641791430.png

Andrew B.

employers dont need to require vaccinations for other shit because everyone got vaccinated for other shit when they were children. this is new shit. get with the program.
Hmmm
Ever heard of the term “home schooled”?
Many people home school because they don’t want to subject their children to vaccines. I know at least 2 families that fall into that category.
Are employers supposed to make them get the chicken pox vaccine? Do they check where they went to school?

icecoast1

I'm quite certain there are many hospitals around the country that would disagree with your notion that they are no longer being overwhelmed. Here in the Northeast, things are relatively under control; elsewhere where the vaccination rates are lower still very much have capacity issues.

There has been ample opportunity for the US to achieve a higher rate of vaccination. I'm in support of businesses trying to mitigate the potential danger to their patrons and staff by mandating vaccines and or negative tests. If restrictions on leisure and employment opportunities is what will get us towards herd immunity faster, I'm all for it. I feel no different about that than our local elementary school or daycare requiring MMR vaccines for the classmates of our kids.
Actually hospitals And skilled care facilities in the Northeast (NY) are having issues now thanks to the new vaccine mandates- probably only a sign of things to come in other areas

KustyTheKlown

Hmmm
Ever heard of the term “home schooled”?
Many people home school because they don’t want to subject their children to vaccines. I know at least 2 families that fall into that category.
Are employers supposed to make them get the chicken pox vaccine? Do they check where they went to school?

why do you keep citing the extreme minority outlier situations? cool, your uncle got guillian barre from a flu shot. cool, 3% of us children are homeschooled. these situations do not apply to the vast majority of people.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Actually hospitals And skilled care facilities in the Northeast (NY) are having issues now thanks to the new vaccine mandates- probably only a sign of things to come in other areas
The vast majority of hospitals in New England already required proof of vaccination. I know this because I am a registered vendor with literally all of them. I'd ballpark it at 10% of hospitals that don't require MMR, proof of negative TB and seasonal flu.

I would bet you the ratio of workers who have left the industry for early retirement or a perceived safer workplace because of Covid out number those leaving because of the vaccine mandate on the order of 20 to 1. One headline about the hospital in upstate NY suspending Labor and Delivery services because workers are upset about the vaccine does not paint the true picture.

Andrew B.

keep deflecting and denying that the right-wing is the primary source of the problem at hand.

View attachment 51939
They may be the majority of the “problem” but you have made your feelings known.
Get vaccinated or be shot no matter your situation. Sounds like the old “we can fix the gays by beating them straight”

talk about selfish, shortsighted bigotry jeez.
Intolerant much?

You really should change your avitar. I doubt Jerry would ever say conform or be rusty dildo’d.

icecoast1

View attachment 51939

some highlights from the article:

As the Delta variant rapidly spreads, disparities in vaccination rates remain a concern. Only 28 percent of Black New Yorkers ages 18 to 44 are fully vaccinated — a significantly lower rate than for residents from other demographics in that age bracket.

With the asinine policies of NYC, blacks are going to be denied access to public areas at rates not seen since the civil rights era, nice work there.

KustyTheKlown

They may be the majority of the “problem” but you have made your feelings known.
Get vaccinated or be shot no matter your situation. Sounds like the old “we can fix the gays by beating them straight”

talk about selfish, shortsighted bigotry jeez.
Intolerant much?

You really should change your avitar. I doubt Jerry would ever say conform or be rusty dildo’d.

lol. you can get fucked, guy.

bobby says get with the program.

1631642684226.png

its also really rich when right-wing numb-nuts try to compare this to discrimination against gays, or women, or racial groups, or any other immutable and actually protected classification. being a selfish anti-science douchebag is not a protected class.

Andrew B.

why do you keep citing the extreme minority outlier situations? cool, your uncle got guillian barre from a flu shot. cool, 3% of us children are homeschooled. these situations do not apply to the vast majority of people.
What about the black community that rightfully doesn’t trust the government? That’s pretty big issue. That’s also why your burning man hippies won’t get vaccinated.
Again 100% American vaccination won’t bring back “normal life”. Get used to it.

Andrew B.

lol. you can get fucked, guy.

bobby says get with the program.

View attachment 51941

its also really rich when right-wing numb-nuts try to compare this to discrimination against gays, or women, or any other immutable and actually protected classification. being a selfish anti-science douchebag is not a protected class.
Wrong
Bobby says if you want to come to the show be vaccinated (which was a joke when I went).
He doesn’t say get vaccinated or rusty dildo’d.

KustyTheKlown

lol. you for real? my original post this morning was about how its good to exclude the unvaccinated from events. that's exactly what dead and co are doing. the rusty dildo is hyperbole. the dead are doing exactly what I want them to be doing.

some more hyperbole - the unvaccinated should be rounded up and brought to Alabama, which we will convert into a camp, where they can be concentrated.

abc

With the asinine policies of NYC, blacks are going to be denied access to public areas at rates not seen since the civil rights era, nice work there.
So?

They're not denied access because they're black. They're denied access because they don't play by the rule!

Or are you suggesting giving blacks special privileges of vaccine waiver because of their skin color?

Andrew B.

lol. you for real? my original post this morning was about how its good to exclude the unvaccinated from events. that's exactly what dead and co are doing. the rusty dildo is hyperbole. the dead are doing exactly what I want them to be doing.

some more hyperbole - the unvaccinated should be rounded up and brought to Alabama, which we will convert into a camp, where they can be concentrated.
I went to two D&C shows this summer
No one and I mean NO ONE looked at my card long enough to even read my name. The second night my wife never even had hers checked. It was a joke. It sounded nice and virtuous I will agree but was never going to be properly vetted.

you been saying all along that unvaccinated people should be forced to get vaccinated or pay the price physically. I won’t use your vulgar analogy again.

Andrew B.

So?

They're not denied access because they're black. They're denied access because they don't play by the rule!

Or are you suggesting giving blacks special privileges of vaccine waiver because of their skin color?
I am not saying that
I am saying that we are being asked now more than ever to respect people differences. But in this case it’s “fuck their concerns” based on 400 years of abuse at the hands of the white man.
Now it’s round them up and vaccinate them or “choot ‘em”

KustyTheKlown

I went to two D&C shows this summer
No one and I mean NO ONE looked at my card long enough to even read my name. The second night my wife never even had hers checked. It was a joke. It sounded nice and virtuous I will agree but was never going to be properly vetted.

you been saying all along that unvaccinated people should be forced to get vaccinated or pay the price physically. I won’t use your vulgar analogy again.

the logistics of checking 60,000 cards/apps is difficult. by requiring attendees to be vax or test, you at least set the expectation and then the overwhelming majority of the audience is compliant, not wanting to risk getting turned away and eating the cost of their ticket. enforcement is difficult, but the presence of the rule itself causes substantial compliance.

do I literally mean people should receive physical harm for not getting vaccinated? of course not (aside from them getting covid and dying of covid, which I welcome with open arms). but yea, no forced sodomy with rusted appliances at all. what i do want, and what has been my clear point all day and prior, is that these people should be excluded from society. if they don't want to take a simple pro community step, they don't deserve to enjoy the benefits of community.

Status
Not open for further replies.