• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pats Peak to Require Reservations

thetrailboss

Staff member
Looks like they are very popular this season--so popular that reservations are now needed. I think they do a great job there. Very well-run ski area.

RESERVATIONS ARE NOW REQUIRED FOR WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAY PERIODS
Thanks for a great season so far. We’re super psyched about the upcoming holiday weekend. Our snow team is delivering the goods and we should have Turbulence Park up and running along with getting our 28th and final trail open bring us to 100% of our trails and slopes open. We have one of the highest percentages of open terrain in all of New England! We’re so eager to make more snow we’re even making it in our glades!
With all that good news there is also some reality setting in as demand is incredible. Effective immediately for all weekends and holidays we are reinstating our reservations system:
RESERVATIONS ARE NOW REQUIRED FOR WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAY PERIODS.
Reservations are not required for season pass holders.
Simply, we love you all, but we could not provide the service that you come to expect from Pats Peak. We are taking steps to remedy the situation.
Please go to our Snow Report page for FAQ’s about our Reservation System: https://bit.ly/3fbzYH6

These actions have been taken to provide an enjoyable day for all.
Best,
Kris Blomback, General Manager

271759777_10159721867418810_3983921549997515520_n.jpg

thetrailboss

Staff member
By the way....the narrative and picture reminds me of one of my first posts here on AZ back in 2004. It was on an AZ Challenge for Attitash IIRC and I asked if they would make snow on some of their glades (as they do at Pats Peak). People here thought I was nuts! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JimG.

Staff member
Do they blow snow in the trees?

Edit: just read your follow up post pretty amazing.

thetrailboss

Staff member

And a lot of resorts (such as Snowbird) could learn from this:

FAQ’s about our Reservation System:

• As a Pats Peak season pass holder, do I need to make a reservation?
    • No, and that’s one of the main reasons we are instituting the reservation system. It was unacceptable that we had turn a few of you away last Saturday as we simply could not park any more cars and that’s what we are NOT about. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Indy Pass, Day Ticket Guest Pass folks need to make a reservation. Treating the most loyal customers (the passholders) well is the right and classy thing to do.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Do they blow snow in the trees?

Edit: just read your follow up post pretty amazing.
That they do, but their "glades" are pretty tame, pruned, and open compared to bigger and higher mountains.

I remember them joining us on the AZ Challenge in 2004 or so. We asked some good questions and I threw out a few ideas and suggestions. The next time I visited, guess what? They took my advice. I could not believe it.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Vail could take note on how to run a business... including how to blow snow!!
I bet Pats is picking up business since Crotched is now closed midweek.

In 2004-2006 when I skied there I was amazed by the quality of their snowmaking and grooming. I bet that it has only gotten better. They take a lot of pride in their snowmaking. They are especially proud of the fact that they hosted the 1974 U.S. National Slalom Championship because they were able to make snow when other bigger areas could not.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Mmm Omichrons in the woods haha. That's sweet.

I can one-up you.... when I was at Thunder Ridge the Omichron was the top gun in the fleet. Small mountain in warm climate, so older guns to be expected. Went to Jackson Hole to ski the west for the first time and they were lining the trails with the same thing early season!

JimG.

Staff member
That they do, but their "glades" are pretty tame, pruned, and open compared to bigger and higher mountains.

I remember them joining us on the AZ Challenge in 2004 or so. We asked some good questions and I threw out a few ideas and suggestions. The next time I visited, guess what? They took my advice. I could not believe it.
The first AZ challenge. Hard to believe that's going on 18 years ago.

jimmywilson69

Mmm Omichrons in the woods haha. That's sweet.

Roundtop still uses those babies quite a bit for their "ground" fleet. they do have a few ratniks on tripods, but the omichrons are still in service. they may have a dozen of them or so. in temps like right now, and at a place where there is more than enough air those suckers can lay done some snow.

Newpylong

We had 20 something and I sold most of ours to Ober Gatlinberg when we moved to the HKDs but they are a pretty awesome gun. Right up there with the K2000 and SR7 I think for top air hogs on most conditions. There are quite a few out there still, they were made by a company right in Londonderry, VT.

Some of ours in 2016:

20160105_093727.jpg20160105_092432.jpg

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Not saying they'd be interested, but should Vail need to divest assets, it would be great for the state to contract with Pats to run Sunapee. They do such a great job. Even better if they did a 3 mountain pass of Pats, Sunapee and Cannon.

pinion

Not saying they'd be interested, but should Vail need to divest assets, it would be great for the state to contract with Pats to run Sunapee. They do such a great job. Even better if they did a 3 mountain pass of Pats, Sunapee and Cannon.

Cash offer on Wildcat this past off-season was met with crickets. Vail didn't even respond. Then again, their public image was not as shattered as it is now...

Would be really cool to see those 3 mountains together on one pass. Boston-area day-tripper's dream.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Cash offer on Wildcat this past off-season was met with crickets. Vail didn't even respond. Then again, their public image was not as shattered as it is now...

Would be really cool to see those 3 mountains together on one pass. Boston-area day-tripper's dream.
Really? Do you know who offered?

deadheadskier

Staff member

Do you know how much the cash offer was?

My guess is they would only accept an offer in excess of the value they feel the stock might drop from the sale. Investors might see divestment as a sign of trouble.

pinion

Do you know how much the cash offer was?

My guess is they would only accept an offer in excess of the value they feel the stock might drop from the sale. Investors might see divestment as a sign of trouble.

Don't know $$$. Local experienced group of individual investors made the pitch over the summer. There are likely others on this board that know far more than I do.