• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

1dog

Agree that PowMow is a bit unique, but we skied untracked almost all day off the Paradise chair and had one of my best days in Utah. I was disappointed in Powder Country though as snow was sticky due to the trail's aspect.

The snowcat experience is also fun, but wish the runs were a bit longer.
Not a lot of steeps and some long run outs, but it does have a certain appeal. Just starting at almost mid-mt, parking lot -won't make it without chains or AWD if its snowing. . . . this was day two - 24" of a 70" week. Apparently becoming discovered - like everything else.

Attachments

• IMG_1603.mov
    4.7 MB · Views: 0

thebigo

I am being forced to ski sunapee on Friday. Is there any work around on the $100 ticket? Don't think I have ever paid $100 for a day of skiing.

snoseek

I am being forced to ski sunapee on Friday. Is there any work around on the $100 ticket? Don't think I have ever paid $100 for a day of skiing.
I have no idea how ski with a friend tickets work if not there but I'll take a look when I have time. 100 bucks to ski sunapee midweek is a crime

jimmywilson69

the buddy tickets require the epic pass holder to be present when picking up the ticket. you can't just buy a discounted ticket and send it to someone.

thebigo

I think the epic passholder has to be there. Boyne let's you email the discount, it is a code the ticket buyer enters online at time if purchase.

There is a u12 NHARA camp and I agreed to chaperone, all the other parents have to work. Only thing worse than spending $100 to ski sunapee is sitting in the lodge for seven hours.

Last edited:

jimmywilson69

yes epic pass holder definitely has to be there. Could one of the kids who may have Epic help you out by going to ticket window? You can pay for it, they just need to see the epic pass and associated human. Which is stupid but it is what it is...

thebigo

yes epic pass holder definitely has to be there. Could one of the kids who may have Epic help you out by going to ticket window? You can pay for it, they just need to see the epic pass and associated human. Which is stupid but it is what it is...
All the kids are ragged pass holders. Ragged is basically in business solely to be the anti-epic in Southern NH. Unfortunately, vail properties still host the majority of the camps and races in NH. Don't mind watching races but not much to do while the kids train for a full day. Guess it is the cost of doing business.

Thing that pisses me off is us NH citizens had the chance to block the sunapee lease transfer. Had the peaks purchase preceded the Mueller purchase, we would have seen vail coming.

Last edited:

cdskier

You send them an invitation email which gives them a percentage off the daily ticket price..which they can buy online.

Yup...with Ikon no need for the passholder to be there in person. I just sent my cousin 3 Ikon Friends & Family discounts over the Christmas break because he neglected to plan in advance...

SLyardsale

All the kids are ragged pass holders. Ragged is basically in business solely to be the anti-epic in Southern NH. Unfortunately, vail properties still host the majority of the camps and races in NH. Don't mind watching races but not much to do while the kids train for a full day. Guess it is the cost of doing business.

Thing that pisses me off is us NH citizens had the chance to block the sunapee lease transfer. Had the peaks purchase preceded the Mueller purchase, we would have seen vail coming.
I found, when my kids did these, if you volunteer to gate keep or course clear etc - you'd either get a comp tik or a discount tik. If you just want to ski while your kids participate, then nah on the tik