• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

cdskier

Nope, not the technology I’m talking about.
Let’s in the last 5 days, you wear a black helmet, white goggles, red jacket, yellow ski pants and blue ski boots. You scan in at 5’11”.

Then one day you show up, scan in at 5’7”. Every piece of clothing is different, helmet and goggles are different and ski boots are different. I would say there is a 95% chance you are not the pass holder.

This is the technology- not none article of clothing.

Yea...it absolutely has to be looking at more than just one single item changing. There's likely a threshold defined on how much can change before it gets flagged for human verification. Height changing could be a big factor as that is not something that should easily change...although it also needs to take a photo at just the right moment to capture a person when they are standing upright instead of leaning, etc. Cameras also need to be carefully calibrated to measure the height properly.

IMO The problem is not with stopping people from stealing (as I think we can all agree that is a violation) in the case of the articles posted above MSG banned people from an entire law firm from all of their properties (like Radio City Music Hall) even those that did not work in the state of NY.

Imagine if Vail did that to those of us that complain about Vail or work for competing companies? The technology goes too far in that sense, it can be abused.

I agree. The way MSG is using the technology is certainly starting down a slippery slope. I have no issues using it for stopping people from stealing and sharing passes, etc. But using it to ban people because you work for a certain company or have certain views and opinions is a bit scary.

NYDB

MSG is a private company right? Unless they are violating your civil rights they can do as they please.

Dolan is a petty asshole for sure but that isn’t illegal. maybe people can sue for their ticket value.

KustyTheKlown

had i continued working at that firm for the past 10 years, i could only imagine the mindfuck that would occur as i stroll into madison square garden on a headful of lsd with underpants full of drugs and liquor for a phish show, to then be yoinked out of line because skynet figured out who i was. o_O

BodeMiller1

had i continued working at that firm for the past 10 years, i could only imagine the mindfuck that would occur as i stroll into madison square garden on a headful of lsd with underpants full of drugs and liquor for a phish show, to then be yoinked out of line because skynet figured out who i was. o_O
Very tricky, a post with real passion.

Very Nice

1dog

I'm against the refusal of service for almost any reason other than a criminal threat or extremely poor behavior impacting the staff or other patrons.

Dolan is an idiot. If his piss poor running of the Knicks and Rangers hasn't proved that already, this certainly does. What an ahole.
Yet Barrons continues to push them as a great investment- based on valuations of the various parts. Maybe so, but actions like this turn lots of people ( and investors) away. Family has control and it seems , is not interested in splitting up.
Camera's are a part of life- Feds are considering banning TikTok from employee phones because of things like this.

cdskier

The fact that MSG/Dolan even has access to photos of employees of another company is a bit scary. There's way too much info publicly available out there. (Unless the law firm willingly provided the photos to MSG, but that seems highly unlikely).

KustyTheKlown

The fact that MSG/Dolan even has access to photos of employees of another company is a bit scary. There's way too much info publicly available out there. (Unless the law firm willingly provided the photos to MSG, but that seems highly unlikely).

i assume they are scraping the law firm websites. most have headshots for the attorneys

cdskier

i assume they are scraping the law firm websites. most have headshots for the attorneys

That's my assumption as well...but still scary and maybe companies should think twice about posting that level of information about their attorneys on their public websites if it can be used against them like this. Maybe just post the highest level attorneys if you really feel it is necessary to have some photos.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I bet they go through LinkedIn as well.

I know in my world, almost every colleague I have has their photo on LinkedIn

2Planker

I thought a resident from Rhode Island started the lawsuit.
in 96 FTC ruled that SR/Less Otten (before ASC existed) had a monopoly in NH w/ Cranmore, Attitash & WV and they had to off load Waterville.
IIRC they also owned Kton, Haystack, Bush & Loaf at that time from the SKI Ltd merger. ASC came to be shortly thereafter

Last edited:

AdironRider

Im sure all of you would be totally cool to let someone WHO IS ACTIVELY LITIGATING A LAWSUIT AGAINST YOU into your own homes right?

Dolan might be a douche but this is not the reason why.

KustyTheKlown

yea but you dont hold your home out as a place of public accommodation hosting ticketed events

lawyers certainly arent a protected class, but excluding any group from a privately owned space that is open to the public is shitty

2Planker

The Cat was prosecuting 3 punks yesterday.
Two were 18, so they were cuffed and arrested by Jackson PD.
The K9 unit was also searching all their gear spread out around the cruiser - Not a good sign.....

KustyTheKlown

The Cat was prosecuting 3 punks yesterday.
Two were 18, so they were cuffed and arrested by Jackson PD.
The K9 unit was also searching all their gear spread out around the cruiser - Not a good sign.....

woof. sounds like more than marijuana happening there.