• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

High Priced Lift Tickets

abc

And in an immense variety of colors!

I also found out that wearing a surgical mask when I use my riding mower spares me allergic reactions to dust and pollen. Would never have thought of that unless I had been forced to put one on for other reasons.

All thanks to the pandemic.
Same here. It didn’t occur to me to wear a mask when I’m doing stuff in the house/garage that creates dust. Until the pandemic. The first dust particle I saw, I was like “wait, I have tons of mask around. Let’s put one on so I don’t have to breath that stuff”! No more allergy hours later.

There’re a lot of things we learned during the pandemic. Still, some people want to forget about the pandemic as though it never happened. To unlearn everything we’ve learned during it! To “go back to normal”. Haha, welcome to the “new normal”! :)

JimG.

Staff member
I'm a silver lining type of person.

I remember the positives and let go of any negatives very quickly.

jaytrem

I discovered the Blackstrap (actually Kusty posted a link to their site) because of masking requirements. Best headgear for skiing ever. Can't imagine skiing in a storm or intense snowmaking without one on now.
Nice, but how does it do with toxic dust?

Not really a balaclava fan. Too constricting for me.

SLyardsale

NOMAD

Vail kicked off the panic on 3/14/20. They shut down everything without even communicating to all their resorts - it leaked on social media. They didn't even tell their employees / GM's/FB's people directly. As it spread - Vail bartenders got the job of telling guests it was over. In reality, I guess I'd rather hear it from a bartender. And... Joshua Segal is so full of crap - he believes he has inside sources at every resort, not just vail. He thought a fire at a Saddleback condo was an inside job by the Berry's. I want to ski like he does at 80+, but I don't want to be an asshole in the process.

Last edited:

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
As a forum, this is supposed to be a discussion group that promotes a civilized exchange of ideas. I find that when some people have nothing to say, instead of saying nothing they resort to personal attacks. I really have no problem with people disagreeing with me. I do have a problem with people who deal in personal insults and misquote things I said to further an agenda based on pure hatred. I hope that the AZ moderators will deal appropriately with that kind of spam.

cdskier

As a forum, this is supposed to be a discussion group that promotes a civilized exchange of ideas. I find that when some people have nothing to say, instead of saying nothing they resort to personal attacks. I really have no problem with people disagreeing with me. I do have a problem with people who deal in personal insults and misquote things I said to further an agenda based on pure hatred. I hope that the AZ moderators will deal appropriately with that kind of spam.
A couple pages ago you liked a post where someone had nothing to add and instead threw an insult at me. Yet now someone else insults you and you're crying for the moderators? That's hilarious.

Kingslug20

NOMAD

Vail kicked off the panic on 3/14/20. They shut down everything without even communicating to all their resorts - it leaked on social media. They didn't even tell their employees / GM's/FB's people directly. As it spread - Vail bartenders got the job of telling guests it was over. In reality, I guess I'd rather hear it from a bartender. And... Joshua Segal is so full of crap - he believes he has inside sources at every resort, not just vail. He thought a fire at a Saddleback condo was an inside job by the Berry's. I want to ski like he does at 80+, but I don't want to be an asshole in the process.
I was right where I am right now when they closed PC...it was like a science fiction horror story. Truly scary.

Kingslug20

Doesn't happen much but the ignore button works well...I only have 1 person on that...
For the most part this site is pretty tame.
Try TGR.......oy...

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Frankly, in the short time that I’ve seen you’ve been back, I’ve seen a lot of people pushing on your ideas and you not liking it. I have not seen any personal attacks on you. If there are any, you can report it to us. Otherwise, you can go back to Snow Journal and the five people who are posting there.

Reactions: Tin

jaytrem

On one hand I don't like to see anybody called an asshole. On the other hand, Joshua obviously like to stir the pot and in my opinion sometimes crosses the troll line. By that I mean he will post stuff that are not his true feelings in order to get responses and keep threads active. He got me once on SJ with that stuff, I guess it makes me a bit of an sucker. When you're up to that stuff, crying to the moderators when somebody finally calling you and asshole is a bit silly.

Reactions: abc

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
Frankly, in the short time that I’ve seen you’ve been back, I’ve seen a lot of people pushing on your ideas and you not liking it. I have not seen any personal attacks on you. If there are any, you can report it to us. Otherwise, you can go back to Snow Journal and the five people who are posting there.
That's because one of the moderators had the decency to remove the post in question - apparently before you noticed it.

abc

you can go back to Snow Journal and the five people who are posting there.
LOL!

When the owner (or major “player”) of another ski web site joins a forum, it’s always suspect. It’s one or the other: 1) it’s a form of spam to drive traffic to the other site; Or, 2) The site is failing and the owner had to go to a still live site.

If it’s 1), the poster usually play nice. And the subtle spam is tolerated. But if not, it probably explains why that other site is failing. ;)

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
If one is really honest, they could track back to the 2002 Olympics as when much of the world started to "discover" what an incredible skiing/riding destination (and in many cases - Trailboss included - a place to move to and live) the greater SLC region is, which is when the ground work for the crowds that have built over the years, even before the mega passes of today (and no doubt the mega passes have accelerated that crowding over the last few years for sure) began.

The greater SLC area, and not just on hill volume, has changed and grown immensely since I 1st when there in 2001

And they're still pouring in.

Assholes 🤣

witch hobble

I skied for free at Veterans Memorial Recreation Area in Franklin NH on Saturday. It was great. Yeah it’s only 230’ vertical, but it was laid back, friendly, sunny, soft. Vehicle was parked 150’ from the lodge and 200’ from the T bar.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

this has really hurt the 3-5 day a season skier because these folks are not going to spring for a pass. It also really hurts beginners and folks who are not in the sport. What has surprised me is how Alterra and Vail have just ignored this market and focused on the season pass and only the season pass product.
Vail will sell you a 3 day, 4 day or 5 day Epic Pass at way less than window rates, with the price depending on what range of their mountains you need to be able to ski and whether you need it to be good during peak periods or not. They are absolutely offering deals to the 3-5 day skier who is willing to plan ahead. They are not offering deals to the person who does not decide to ski until he sees it start snowing on a peak day (unless he has a buddy with a pass that offers companion deals - and even in thst case the deals are less attractive than what one gets by planning ahead.

Smellytele

Vail will sell you a 3 day, 4 day or 5 day Epic Pass at way less than window rates, with the price depending on what range of their mountains you need to be able to ski and whether you need it to be good during peak periods or not. They are absolutely offering deals to the 3-5 day skier who is willing to plan ahead. They are not offering deals to the person who does not decide to ski until he sees it start snowing on a peak day (unless he has a buddy with a pass that offers companion deals - and even in thst case the deals are less attractive than what one gets by planning ahead.
if you get an epic day pass early they have a few tiers. got one that was good for Wildcat (and others) for $45 good any day. Next tier up got one I used at Stowe for $70.

eatskisleep

19572FBB-2826-4A5A-987A-0D64153E07B8.jpegIt’s not just in our minds, ticket prices have far outpaced inflation.