• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dinner thread...What's cooking...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I had a lot of picnic food today that was fantastic (thank goodness I had an appetite today!). No dinner because I ate enough earlier in the day.

Let's see, what I actually ate included ribs, chili dip w/tortilla chips, garden salad, hot dog, cheeseburger, pineapple upside down cake (the little guy's birthday cake that I made), some fruit salad, a chocolate covered strawberry, and an Italian cookie.

drjeff

Last night was a fine assortment of chilled meats served with chilled marinated vegetables serevd with a fine carmelly flavored carbonated beverage. A.K.A. cold left overs and a soda ;)

After work..I'm going running..then off to the Supermarket...maybe surf and turf...don't worry kids..I'll write a nice dinner TR....I still have 5 Sam Adams summers left as well...I need to remember to get Ben and Jerrys Cherry Garcia this time...

ctenidae

I'm flying solo tonight, so probably leftover grilled pork loin from last night with mac and cheese (4 for $1 store brand- the best kind)

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
After work..I'm going running..then off to the Supermarket...maybe surf and turf...don't worry kids..I'll write a nice dinner TR....I still have 5 Sam Adams summers left as well...I need to remember to get Ben and Jerrys Cherry Garcia this time...

in my drunken steeze on memorial day i took out the cherry and left it counter till it melted. so no ice cream for me.

After a run in the park..I didn't feel like cooking..I just got some Carrabas takeout...Sirloin Marsela...Ceasar salad..and a side of some sort of spicy pasta..along with some Sam Adams summer...no ice cream...Later tonight I'm going to need a long walk to burn off part of this meal..

Tomorrow night I want to cook..

drjeff

Had a sandwich with Boar's Head Londonport Roast Beef, some Vermont Cheddar, sliced tomato, a little lettuce on a cuban role. Now I'm debating which flavor of Ben & Jerry's that my wife bought today that I'm going to have a couple of bites of, Cinnamon Buns or Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookie

Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookie won the battle! :)

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Roasted Rack of Venison, Garlic/Rosemary Jus, Baked Potato and Salad with a Vidalia Onion dressing

I went out to dinner at Carrabas with my parents..Bread dipped in spice infused EVOO..Ceaser salad..Veal Picatta with garlic mashed..I was a good boy and only ate 1/3 of the mashed tators..and I drank diet coke instead of beer. It's tough to beat a free dinner..

drjeff

Grabbed a cheeseburger and a salad at the Red Robin across the street from the hotel I'm staying at.

drjeff

what the salad for? to make you feel better about the cheesebuger.

Nope, I'll rarely order fries and will almost always get a salad - gotta get my real veggies one way or another. Plus, I don't feel as guilty then about ordering the 2nd or 3rd or maybe even 4th beer with dinner ;)

Gazpacho, Thick cut turkey in some sort of Marinade..maybe some turkey bacon...potato skins..Sam Adams summer..fruit salad..