• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

8/24/09 - Burlington RAW

bvibert

Staff member
Nice ride tonight gentlemen!

It wasn't a particularly long or fast ride, but for some reason I'm beat tonight. I'll let the other guys fill in the details, or I'll add more later. I will say that it was the largest group that we've had out of the 'new' location.

o3jeff

Nice riding with the crew. Definitely pretty beat right now after trying to keep up with WC for about 7.5 miles. Good to finally meet you.

Going to bed shortly after I wash my hands a few more times to try and get the glove stink off them

WoodCore

Nice ride tonight gentlemen!

For Sure!!! Great to finally roll with a healthy sized AZ group from the new parking spot!

Anyway nice to finally meet Jeff and Steve, and roll once again with Trev and Pat. We need to do this more often! :beer:

BTW, glad you where all able to make the inaugural ride on my new "logging bypass" trail. LOL!

rueler

Glad to hear you guys had a good ride...just an FYI if you guys are riding from Stone or around the soccer fields...specifically the trails off of Punchbrook Road and GW Tpike. I saw that HUGE black bear that the guy we ran into yesterday mentioned.

I came up on the black bear maybe an 1/8 of a mile into the trail directly across from the soccer field parking area. It appeared to be 300+ lbs...It was fleeing the scene as I was closing in on him...saw him bounding away at an impressive speed. After noticing his direction of travel...I altered my route accordingly and still got a decent rip in...8.3 miles...mostly on the soccer field network. Just be aware that he likes that neck of the woods!

o3jeff

Glad to hear you guys had a good ride...just an FYI if you guys are riding from Stone or around the soccer fields...specifically the trails off of Punchbrook Road and GW Tpike. I saw that HUGE black bear that the guy we ran into yesterday mentioned.

I came up on the black bear maybe an 1/8 of a mile into the trail directly across from the soccer field parking area. It appeared to be 300+ lbs...It was fleeing the scene as I was closing in on him...saw him bounding away at an impressive speed. After noticing his direction of travel...I altered my route accordingly and still got a decent rip in...8.3 miles...mostly on the soccer field network. Just be aware that he likes that neck of the woods!

Get any pics of him? Now I am really going to be reluctant to ride that area knowing he is a regular over there.

MLegg

Rumor has it that the DEP, having heard of our recent adventures in the soccer field area - and in complete cooperation with the New Britain Water Commission - let the bear loose over there to insure that we leave the Burlington Woods forever.
Just a rumor mind you.

With tongue firmly planted in cheek, I bid adieu.

2knees

nice to get out again. glad i cut it short as im not very sore today.

good to see you guys again, wouldnt mind a tour of dick ticklers notch before the end of the year.

that sounds NASTY.......:lol:

bvibert

Staff member
Rumor has it that the DEP, having heard of our recent adventures in the soccer field area - and in complete cooperation with the New Britain Water Commission - let the bear loose over there to insure that we leave the Burlington Woods forever.
Just a rumor mind you.

With tongue firmly planted in cheek, I bid adieu.

The water dept is tricky like that.

Greg

Staff member
I think the New Britain Water Department is really pissed at me. Apparently they've come to my house and introduced several yellow jacket nests in my yard. Bastards! :angry:

powhunter

for sure!!! Great to finally roll with a healthy sized az group from the new parking spot!

Anyway nice to finally meet jeff and steve, and roll once again with trev and pat. We need to do this more often! :beer:

btw, glad you where all able to make the inaugural ride on my new "logging bypass" trail. Lol!

LOL that was a trail???? Hit a stump and OTBd was hidden in a patch of weeds!! Actually I OTbd more than once and slid off on some roots more times than I can remember... Nice meeting you John and good riding with the rest of the crew!!! Those LTs hit the spot after the ride Pat...Glad ya made it home safely !!

steveo

bvibert

Staff member
It's a trail now that we rode it. ;)

Nice to ride with Steve and Pat again. Trev it's been a while, nice to see you again, though I was expecting some trials type stunts from you, a little disappointed. Jeff made it out for two rides in a row which was impressive! Jon, a pleasure as always.

Not really a ton to note for me, the biggest was finally nailing going up Brian's rock for the first time this year! :beer: Hit the jug bridges in reverse again, which was nice. Trev nailed em too, nice work! Pat only launched off of a few things, but it was fun to watch as always, especially when he almost ride into a tree after landing the drop at the start of the Scoville twisties. ;) Jeff hit the jump on Jug with authority, that BMX training must be paying off.

2knees

[/color]

LOL that was a trail???? Hit a stump and OTBd was hidden in a patch of weeds!! Actually I OTbd more than once and slid off on some roots more times than I can remember... Nice meeting you John and good riding with the rest of the crew!!! Those LTs hit the spot after the ride Pat...Glad ya made it home safely !!

steveo

i went over/sideways on that too. my wheel just stuck into something and that was all she wrote.

thanks for the LT's, nice way to end the day. good thing johhny showed up so i could kill off some time. ride was easy at that point.