• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ green background

legalskier

So now that AZ is under new ownership, when will Nick & Stef change the background color to green? Any predictions? (Or maybe...the former owner hasn't told them how to do it?)

snowmonster

When did Greg normally do it? When the last lift closed? First day of May? Cindo de Mayo? Osama's death?

Usually, it's when the last lift in the northeast closed -- which, hopefully, means that we won't be seeing any color change (if any) until after May 15 (Go Sugarloaf!). Personally, it wasn't the color change that I minded, it was the switch in order of the Skiing/Snowboarding Forums and the Hiking/Backpacking Forums. I'm a creature of habit and it was disorienting to try and read the ski forum and accidentally click hiking.

Having said that, it's your site now. Feel free to do as you please.

bvibert

Staff member
Greg used to do it based on when it reached a certain temperature at his house (don't remember what it was), then he switched to when the last lift stopped spinning in the east a year or two again. Then it would go back blue again when he got his first frost at his house. As SM mentioned he also changed the order of the forums, so that the non-snow based forums were at the top for the summer.

He also used to take pleasure in making sure that everyone saw the change, so sometimes he'd force everyone to the default theme when he switched to green. Just to make those of us who don't like the green suffer for that first time we logged in after the change.

You can see what the green "summer" theme is all about by going to the bottom of the page and changing the drop down box on the left from "Winter" to "Summer".

2knees

I'm a creature of habit and it was disorienting to try and read the ski forum and accidentally click hiking.

Having said that, it's your site now. Feel free to do as you please.

Same problem here.

that and I now know what all the sundown haters have been complaining about. Seeing a nassahegan report everyday of the summer gets annoying......and no, i dont read them. :flame: :razz:

bvibert

Staff member
Same problem here.

that and I now know what all the sundown haters have been complaining about. Seeing a nassahegan report everyday of the summer gets annoying......and no, i dont read them. :flame: :razz:

You gonna ride your bike this year?