• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Place to stay near Smuggs & Jay?

C-Rex

So I have a couple day passes to Jay and a couple 2 for 1 coupons to Smuggs. I'd like to take the little woman up for a midweek trip. Anyone know a cheap place to stay that's kind of in between the two?

vinnyv11

I stayed at a pretty affordable Fairfield near Burlington about 40 to smuggs/Bolton. Not sure where it is In perspective to jays.

MadMadWorld

So I have a couple day passes to Jay and a couple 2 for 1 coupons to Smuggs. I'd like to take the little woman up for a midweek trip. Anyone know a cheap place to stay that's kind of in between the two?

Smugglers Notch Inn is very nice and affordable. It is probably 3-4 miles from the base lodge. My family and I stayed at the Nye's Green Valley Farm Bed and Breakfast and it was absolutely beautiful. They have really quaint cottages off of the house that look brand new and are made with really nice wood. For a family cottage it only cost us about $120 a night but I saw they offered cottages for 2 people that were under $100. It's an amazing value and the couple that owns the place make it feel like your staying with grandparents. It is also about 4-5 miles from the mountain. Hope that helps

And just as an FYI, those 2 for 1 passes at Smuggs are also good on weekends as long as it's not a holiday. In case you weren't aware.

C-Rex

I was aware, just figured I could keep the cost down by going mid week, along with no crowds. My company changed it's vacation policy this year and I ended up with an extra week so I don't mind burning a few days. :)

The B&B sounds pretty good. Keep the suggestions coming though! I like to compare options.

BenedictGomez

Frankly Burlington wouldnt be a poor option since you'll be with your lady. It's not close to either (about 50 mins and 1h 15 mins), but you'd have lots of shopping and restaurants and activities to do after skiing and there are a ton of lodging options from higher end hotels to little dumpy motels.

crank

My girlfriend and I stayed at a charming inn in Montgomery. The Black Lantern Inn. Very nice room, one of the world's great hot tubs outside in a gazebo, tres romantic. Good food. Looks to be about 30 miles from Smuggs. Caution - there is absolutely no shopping or nightlife. I would not stay in Burlington though because you will be spending 3 hours a day driving back and forth.

C-Rex

I'm not too worried about nightlife. She's not a shopper, and we're fine with *ahem* "entertaining" ourselves. Nye's looks like a good option. Good prices, 15 min to Smuggs and under an hour to Jay. Given the remoteness of the area, and lack of major highways I'd say that's pretty good.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I stayed at a pretty affordable Fairfield near Burlington about 40 to smuggs/Bolton. Not sure where it is In perspective to jays.

Love the Fairfield, stayed there numerous times, got great prices bidding on Priceline.com. It is a bit of a ride to Jay though. About an hour and a half.

BenedictGomez

Love the Fairfield, stayed there numerous times, got great prices bidding on Priceline.com.

Some day I'll have the balls to use Priceline. I'm always worried that I'll get committed to something I wont like. The few times I've tried I've entered low offers to dip my feet in the h2o, but then I ultimately chickened out.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Some day I'll have the balls to use Priceline. I'm always worried that I'll get committed to something I wont like. The few times I've tried I've entered low offers to dip my feet in the h2o, but then I ultimately chickened out.

The Fairfield I typically paid 30-35 a night bidding on Priceline. Worth the risk. Not all areas are great for deals, but Burlington area, specifically Williston. where the Farfield is located, is a great deal.

BenedictGomez

The Fairfield I typically paid 30-35 a night bidding on Priceline. Worth the risk. Not all areas are great for deals, but Burlington area, specifically Williston. where the Farfield is located, is a great deal.

Holy Crap! That's amazing.