• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic

Smellytele

Going to bite the bullet and go to Magic this weekend. Not sure if it will be Sunday or Monday. they only have "5" trails open so it may get old fast. I believe they got a little snow yesterday.

xwhaler

I heard they were going to fire up the guns on Talisman in the hopes to have West side open for MLK wknd....not sure if they have started that yet.
Let us know how it is.

WoodCore

The 5 trails will ski great and if you do get bored there's always the BLBP! Nothing like a shot ski to put some excitement back into your day! :beer:

4aprice

The 5 trails will ski great and if you do get bored there's always the BLBP! Nothing like a shot ski to put some excitement back into your day! :beer:

Are you suggesting trading the ice cubes on the slopes for the ones in the bar? Hopefully mother nature is about to wake up from her mid winter nap and bestowe some love on NNE. Looking forward to a Magic day in March.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

drjeff

FYI in your decision process, there's a U12 Southern VT Council race at Magic on Sunday. That will take up some of their limited terrain on Show Off until probably 1PM ish.

On the flipside for Magic it will be a good thing as they'll have a bunch of kids and their parents there buying some tickets (the parents) and increasing Magic's food and beverage revenue!

Smellytele

FYI in your decision process, there's a U12 Southern VT Council race at Magic on Sunday. That will take up some of their limited terrain on Show Off until probably 1PM ish.

On the flipside for Magic it will be a good thing as they'll have a bunch of kids and their parents there buying some tickets (the parents) and increasing Magic's food and beverage revenue!

Monday it is then :) Thanks

4aprice

How many do they start in those events DJ? We used to do 200 here in PA for a J5-J4 (U-10,12 now). Makes for a long day.
Good for the host mountain though.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

drjeff

My friend who's daughter is a U12 (my daughter is still a U10 this season) told me that they had about 125 "starters" at their 1st event (a skills assessment comp) last weekend. My daughters U10 skills comp had about 100 starters for her U10 skills comp 2 weekends ago.

The interesting thing is in both the U10's and U12's its now about 3/4ths girls and 1/4th boys, since most boys are choosing parks over racing now

Most of the SVC races, even with 100+ starters get both runs in by 1. They MOVE the kids through the starting wand!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

RustyGroomer

I'll be on the lookout for a stinky pinhead. :lol: Kidding of course Smelly, i'll say hello if I see you. We're always upstairs @ the tables by the bar. More than likely on Kastle's on the hill. Fresh snow Lhasa's. DPS is probably one of us too. If you do come Sunday, check out the rail jam. Not really my thing, but might be entertaining.

Smellytele

I'll be on the lookout for a stinky pinhead. :lol: Kidding of course Smelly, i'll say hello if I see you. We're always upstairs @ the tables by the bar. More than likely on Kastle's on the hill. Fresh snow Lhasa's. DPS is probably one of us too. If you do come Sunday, check out the rail jam. Not really my thing, but might be entertaining.

I'll just yell out "RustyGrommer" up there. I think I will be on my G3 Barons or my Red Rossis. I'll leave my powder BD amperages at home. I am mostly dress in black and gray.

RustyGroomer

Sounds good Smelly. Good thing you're a freeheeler to narrow it down. Black/grey, broken bindings,......got it! Might get some looks asking a bunch of skiers if they're Smelly.

RustyGroomer

Nice, look for me guys! On some days I look like this. At least a couple weeks back I did. Rocking a new black jacket now though. Say hello. 1461258_971435348796_509143382_n.jpg

RustyGroomer

That was the blower Friday. -9 with like -30 wind chill in that pic. Damn it was cold. So worth it though. Hopefully more like that to come soon. I've skied Magic a bunch since then & can honestly say it's been skiing very well. Limited, but what's there is great. Hope to make some turns with you guys. We'll have fun, that's what we do.

MadMadWorld

That was the blower Friday. -9 with like -30 wind chill in that pic. Damn it was cold. So worth it though. Hopefully more like that to come soon. I've skied Magic a bunch since then & can honestly say it's been skiing very well. Limited, but what's there is great. Hope to make some turns with you guys. We'll have fun, that's what we do.

Looks like it was worth it to me. I'll be up Sunday or Monday. Hope I catch up with you

RustyGroomer

.Jay.jpgMetrick.jpg
97388cef-9ca6-41a6-8584-b82c268b6ab5.jpg