• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic

Must have, I eyed it across the valley. Also looks like some serious side country to the west, is that true?

MadMadWorld

.View attachment 10613View attachment 10614
97388cef-9ca6-41a6-8584-b82c268b6ab5.jpg

Snow looks great. Seems Wizard/Tali will be open on Thursday!

RustyGroomer

180, no sidecountry. A few people have hiked out there but there's nothing now. That's a ways away from the area. I'd encourage people NOT to head out there. If you do, be seriously prepared. Hate to see a rescue of some sort. Guns were firing on Talisman all day yesterday. Setting up for another great weekend. Cannot wait. Won't be long now til we're skiing what we wait for.

MadMadWorld

180, no sidecountry. A few people have hiked out there but there's nothing now. That's a ways away from the area. I'd encourage people NOT to head out there. If you do, be seriously prepared. Hate to see a rescue of some sort. Guns were firing on Talisman all day yesterday. Setting up for another great weekend. Cannot wait. Won't be long now til we're skiing what we wait for.

Really? Looks like a pretty nice area when I saw it the at the end of last season

RustyGroomer

Can't add text in the right spot for whatever reason. Talisman yesterday.

HD333

Dam. I was thinking about taking the family on a maiden voyage to Magic for Throwback Thursday over Feb Vaca to break up the week at Okemo but it doesn't fly on Holidays. $60 for all 4 would have been nice, just over $200 for all 4 makes it a tougher sell to the wife. I gotta get there once this season to pop my cherry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrmagic

Dam. I was thinking about taking the family on a maiden voyage to Magic for Throwback Thursday over Feb Vaca to break up the week at Okemo but it doesn't fly on Holidays. $60 for all 4 would have been nice, just over $200 for all 4 makes it a tougher sell to the wife. I gotta get there once this season to pop my cherry.

200 is still a good deal for four. If you act fast I see there are 5 tickets for Thursday 2/20 in the Magic store. Adults 43.99 teens 37.99 and juniors 30.99

MadMadWorld

You can't expect a mountain to offer up $15 lift tickets during a vacation week.

Smellytele

I am glad NH (well some of NH) has their Vaca the week after everyone else so discounts are good. Not that I will be around this year to ski the NE.

HD333

You can't expect a mountain to offer up $15 lift tickets during a vacation week.

I was oblivious to the whole vacation week thing until I looked at the site, more of a DUH moment for me. I'm not knocking them for not doing it, it makes perfect sense to charge full price then.
And JRMagic I get $200 is good, but "free" with the pass is is a better deal, we will be spending plenty on off hill activities that week, 60 would have been easier to swallow. We will see what happens.

jrmagic

I was oblivious to the whole vacation week thing until I looked at the site, more of a DUH moment for me. I'm not knocking them for not doing it, it makes perfect sense to charge full price then.
And JRMagic I get $200 is good, but "free" with the pass is is a better deal, we will be spending plenty on off hill activities that week, 60 would have been easier to swallow. We will see what happens.

I hear you. Just wanted to point out that you could lower your price point below 200 if you wanted to look into it. If you do hit up a non Holiday week Throwback Thursday I believe it also offers $2 PBRs and wings are 33 cents so for 30 bucks one could ski eat and have a few beverages

RustyGroomer

Quote from a Magic 1st timer...From Magic's home page: “Made my first trip up to magic this weekend and had an unbelivable time.The staff (Cris,Hanna,and Amy at the bar,Dave at the lift, AJ and his buddy on operations,and Jim at the lodge) were incredible. The staff cares about the future of the mountain and it really shows. It was nice to be included in the magic family for even a little while. I have skied all over the country and never have i felt more welcome than the weekend i spent there.Thanks again guys and i will see ya soon!”

Savemeasammy

Yes some of the boarder towns go with the other states.

The vacation schedules are basically divided up into north and south. It is one of the reasons we moved out of the kearsage district.

RustyGroomer

Apparently I suck @ finding people. Missed Smelly last weekend & just saw his quick TR. If anyone wants to make turns, don't be shy. Myself, JR & many others are always there & will happily show you around.

Smellytele

Apparently I suck @ finding people. Missed Smelly last weekend & just saw his quick TR. If anyone wants to make turns, don't be shy. Myself, JR & many others are always there & will happily show you around.

I will be up over Presi's weekend at least 1 day hopefully both Sunday and Monday.