• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Very quiet these days!

dlague

Funny how the ski season winds down and activity comes to a grind halt! Another sad sign that the season is technically over.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

abc

Funny how the ski season winds down and activity comes to a grind halt! Another sad sign that the season is technically over.
Actually, the season is "technically" not over yet. Not with 3 or 4 mountain still open.

Practically, it's over for most people, either by their own choice or due to lack of open mountain nearby. Hence the lack of forum activity.

dlague

Actually, the season is "technically" not over yet. Not with 3 or 4 mountain still open.

Practically, it's over for most people, either by their own choice or due to lack of open mountain nearby. Hence the lack of forum activity.

Exactly, by technically I am referring to the majority. I will still get out 1 or 2 more times for sure since we are planning on Jay Peak Mother's Day weekend.

Last year, I was on during the whole summer and it was very quiet until September time frame which is around the time people kept repeating deal on the skiing on the cheap thread. Which is fine since we all want to hear about them. I gues that means fewer heated debates!

wa-loaf

People will start getting cranky soon and the flame (lame) wars will start.

ScottySkis

Hoping for 1 last weekend at K. I need to posts less this ummer i think i be doing more fun sruff outside.

VTKilarney

If we have survived the Pabst storm, what could be a bigger tinder box?

xwhaler

I have the AZ app on the front page of my phone and check it multiple times per day and will continue throughout the summer :)

Smellytele

As much as I want to post I can not find anything worthy of typing. I do still check in and read things twice a day or so but nothing has piqued my interest as of late.

PomfretPlunge

I am sure we can find some hot topics for the summer - no pun intended!

Here's a coupla hot topics:

1) Some awesome new old-school mogul footage just posted by MT Skull over on Epic:

http://www.epicski.com/t/127548/irregular-shaped-moguls/30#post_1728347

Check out No Sleep Till K-Town 3, all parts, 2 & 3 especially rockin'. Some old runs by Randy Grasso, Mike Beauregard & lots of others

2) Ya made it to my home mountain Suicide Six on 2/8. Howdja like it?

Peace
Plunge

Cornhead

It's not over out here.....
Yes, I'm well aware, heading to Colorado for the first time next Thursday. They've got 13" over the last couple days, should make for some great Spring conditions. Funny thing is, I think I'm actually going to buy a 2014-2015 season's pass to A Basin before I go. I can ski on it on this trip, ski there when I go out to visit my Son next season, and I'l get 3 passes to Taos for next year to boot. All for $279, $120 less than my season's pass to Greek Peak. I think it may be time to move!

Savemeasammy

Yes, I'm well aware, heading to Colorado for the first time next Thursday. They've got 13" over the last couple days, should make for some great Spring conditions. Funny thing is, I think I'm actually going to buy a 2014-2015 season's pass to A Basin before I go. I can ski on it on this trip, ski there when I go out to visit my Son next season, and I'l get 3 passes to Taos for next year to boot. All for $279, $120 less than my season's pass to Greek Peak. I think it may be time to move!

Good for you, cornhead! Have a great trip. Perhaps we can hear about it over some early season turns next season :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcampbell

I got nothing. I skied 3 times this week at Mt Ellen. It's still "close enough" to top to bottom. Good mushy corn. Sugarbush is open this weekend I'll ski probably Saturday.

there's like 2-3 feet of snow from Joe's cruiser up to the top on Mt Ellen. I think it could last a while but I might peter out first.

14060504816_05708932cb_c.jpg

skiNEwhere

I like to think that I have reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD),

Last edited:

steamboat1

You should take a look over on K-Zone. Someone just posted a report (with pics) of skiing this week at A-Basin. Looks awesome.