• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2015-16 Edition

BenedictGomez

I just bought two Ski Vermont 3 Passes for the gf and I.

It would be an okay deal without Stowe given it can be used Saturdays, but the inclusion of Stowe makes it a very good deal IMO.

Is this thing like the Champlain ski card where it has a logo of each resort, and it gets either marked or hole punched with each use?

steamboat1

Is this thing like the Champlain ski card where it has a logo of each resort, and it gets either marked or hole punched with each use?
Yes & no. Very few areas still check off the area skied so it can't be used there again. Most areas now scan the pass & know the pass has been used there already so it can't be used again at that area.

moguler6

SkiVT pass question. Anyone know if you can buy a 5 pass and a 3 pass? I grabbed a 5 pass and the wording is unclear on the receipt for it. I read this as one of each, but I'd hate to get burned.

Limit 1 SKI VERMONT 3 PASS per person, 1 5 PASS per person. -

watkin

SkiVT 5 packs sold out already. Wow they went fast.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

dlague

Jcb890

I just bought two Ski Vermont 3 Passes for the gf and I.

It would be an okay deal without Stowe given it can be used Saturdays, but the inclusion of Stowe makes it a very good deal IMO.

Those were 2 key selling points for me - able use on Saturdays and being valid at Stowe.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Which shows most people are not SOTC warriors. IMO the 3 pass is a better deal even at a few dollars more given I can usually beat ~$40 at most areas.

Depends when and where you want to ski. If you're a weekend skier, you're not beating $40 at most major VT areas during the heart of the season. Not gonna happen at Snow, Stratton, Okemo, Killington, Sugarbush or Stowe.

Midweek, early, late season or less popular areas - different story

dlague

Which shows most people are not SOTC warriors. IMO the 3 pass is a better deal even at a few dollars more given I can usually beat ~$40 at most areas.

Hence why we use it at Stowe ($103), Killington ($94) as must go and then consider Stratton ($99), Sugarbush ($94), Okemo ($82), Mount Snow ($90) or any other that is a $90 per day resort where it will beat 50% off or 2 fer deals. The resort mentioned do not have very many mid season deals to begin with or for that matter one the is better than $43 ish.

two years ago Stowe, Killington, Okemo
Last year Stowe, Killington, Sugarbush
This year - Stowe, Killington and Stratton - possibly

Last edited:

dlague

Yes & no. Very few areas still check off the area skied so it can't be used there again. Most areas now scan the pass & know the pass has been used there already so it can't be used again at that area.

It was a perforated card with three barcoded sections. The the ski area uses it, they tear it off. They will not accept one that is already torn off. And yes they can tell if you had already used by the barcode value that is stored in their systems.

steamboat1

Hence why we use it at Stowe ($103), Killington ($94) as must go and then consider Stratton ($99), Sugarbush ($94), Okemo ($82), Mount Snow ($90) or any other that is a $90 per day resort where it will beat 50% off or 2 fer deals. The resort mentioned do not have very many mid season deals to begin with or for that matter one the is better than $43 ish.

two years ago Stowe, Killington, Okemo
Last year Stowe, Killington, Sugarbush
This year - Stowe, Killington and Stratton - possibly
I have no problem using them at places charging less. It's a good deal no matter where you use them.