• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How many days so far? (2015-2016 season)

dlague

Those F$&@ing Racers !
I didn't notice the FSC racers but there was a ton of racers from Holdeness.
It actually looked like it wasn't busy until after they showed up !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Funny how we were having that conversation on the chair lift! I am noticing and so does my son that they seem to act like they own the place. He was in the park and they were skiing around the line and cutting people off at each feature. Leave their skis on the ground while the was plenty of rack space. And yes they trash the place.

Anyhow 3 days now!

Whitey

The ones at Cannon trashed the brown bag area. Left garbage every where and left their bags out on top and under the tables.

This has been done as a thread before, but good g0d this is a pet peeve of mine. I just don't understand how people can be in the middle of a busy lodge with people constantly looking for places to sit down and think; "i'll just dump my stuff all over/under the tables & leave it there". Just so inconsiderate. Even on the busiest days I've always been able to find a place to stash our gear that wasn't in someone's way. I've always been tough on my boys about this - make them go back and pick up their trash, make them find a place to store their bag, etc. They learned.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
This has been done as a thread before, but good g0d this is a pet peeve of mine. I just don't understand how people can be in the middle of a busy lodge with people constantly looking for places to sit down and think; "i'll just dump my stuff all over/under the tables & leave it there". Just so inconsiderate. Even on the busiest days I've always been able to find a place to stash our gear that wasn't in someone's way. I've always been tough on my boys about this - make them go back and pick up their trash, make them find a place to store their bag, etc. They learned.

+1. I have stuffed Peoples bags under tables before ...or moved them elsewhere as a protest. Maybe they'll get the message.

steamboat1

+1. I have stuffed Peoples bags under tables before ...or moved them elsewhere as a protest. Maybe they'll get the message.
Many ski areas now offer either free bag check or have sufficient storage racks for stowing bags. shoes etc. They don't allow bags, shoes etc.to be stored under tables/chairs in the lodge. If they are they are promptly removed. Seems to work out very well at the areas I visit. Perhaps Cannon should adopt a similar policy.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Many ski areas now offer either free bag check or have sufficient storage racks for stowing bags. shoes etc. They don't allow bags, shoes etc.to be stored under tables/chairs in the lodge. If they are they are promptly removed. Seems to work out very well at the areas I visit. Perhaps Cannon should adopt a similar policy.

Killington is very good about it with their free bag check. Couple bucks tip to the attendant is a fair deal for the service

Okemo charges $8 and puts signs up warning people of theft. I think their lockers were $5. Rubbed me the wrong way seeing that. They've had a known theft issue for years; almost always people from down the road in Springfield. They've turned that reality into a profit center.

steamboat1

Killington is very good about it with their free bag check. Couple bucks tip to the attendant is a fair deal for the service

Okemo charges $8 and puts signs up warning people of theft. I think their lockers were $5. Rubbed me the wrong way seeing that. They've had a known theft issue for years; almost always people from down the road in Springfield. They've turned that reality into a profit center.
Not even Stowe charges for storage. Over in the Spruce lodge they even have free lockable combination lockers for storing gear. Just another reason of many why I don't like Okemo.

The first area I saw the free bag check & no storage under tables/chairs policy was at Mount Snow. Believe it or not this was when ASC still owned the place.

JDMRoma

Day 4 at Killington ! In progress !!Oh yah this place sucks ! Stay home everyone ! 😎

Last edited:

ski stef

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Day 3 at the hill today. 1 at abay and 2 at Breck. Coverage is good and Breck has over 500 acres open. The lift lines aren't bad but trails are crowded. we were getting dumped on over 3 weeks ago now we're all playing the waiting game again.. ☃

drjeff

Just finished Day 5 today at Mount Snow - a total of 33 runs over the same 2 basic runs the last 2 days had me not feeling like logging some more laps after lunch today, even though weather wise it is an amazing day out!

Smellytele

Day 4 for me was cut short today. 1st run caught an edge and hit hard. Head was very cloudy. Abrasion on my forehead - concussed for sure. Back is also sore and jammed my thumb. I took 2 more runs which I probably shouldn't have.

VTKilarney

Day 4 for me was cut short today. 1st run caught an edge and hit hard. Head was very cloudy. Abrasion on my forehead - concussed for sure. Back is also sore and jammed my thumb. I took 2 more runs which I probably shouldn't have.

Sorry to hear about that. I hope you recover quickly.

Madroch

Stowe was good Friday... Soft from the 4-5 inches of fresh thurs on top of firm but not icy on the u groomed- groomed was good- all usual early season offering - only downer was guns blowing wet on very top all day- from quad top down to lookout top- grabby under foot and visibility diminishing- from lookout down all good.

Madroch

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449433322.204119.jpg

Stowe offering Friday- Gondi opened yesterday I believe

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449433396.883824.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449433415.642998.jpg

steamboat1

Stowe was good Friday... Soft from the 4-5 inches of fresh thurs on top of firm but not icy on the u groomed- groomed was good- all usual early season offering - only downer was guns blowing wet on very top all day- from quad top down to lookout top- grabby under foot and visibility diminishing- from lookout down all good.

Thanks for your report.

yeggous

Today at Bretton Woods was six. It was greatly improved since last week. There was just enough natural to tempt me to go off-piste and I have the core shot to prove it.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

The Sneak

Zero.
This is the latest I've gone into a season without any days yet in a decade or more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk