• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The New Hunter :)

Funky_Catskills

What an amazing weekend at Hunter..
For real.... There was a killer slope style event going off...
Mountain was packed with happy people... The weather was awesome - conditions were sublime..
My band played to a super enthusiastic crowd... The mountain treated us very well for playing..

Feeling good about the change... Seems to be the prominent feeling at the hill..

AND they created a cool stunt ditch...
Bob Basil / Randy Nelli my heros...

Funky_Catskills

I feel like there's more snowmaking and more guns on when it happens..

It feels good - like it used to..

I even heard they know who "Blue Boy" is after reading the thread here... :)
The mountain took the thread seriously from what I heard..

JimG.

Staff member
I am impressed as well...yesterday was about as perfect as it gets at Hunter.

I'm a happy camper when I can T2B Purna at 3:30. Snow depths are impressive and I think will improve after the cool down later in the week.

Gonna be up tomorrow to get a day before the rain.

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
I feel like there's more snowmaking and more guns on when it happens..

It feels good - like it used to..

I even heard they know who "Blue Boy" is after reading the thread here... :)
The mountain took the thread seriously from what I heard..

I am hoping Blue Boys days are numbered at Hunter. He even hides his face in the liftlines!

ScottySkis

Nice titles name I skiied their Friday from open to close all trails pretty much were open grooming was everywhere nice to they blew a lot snow and so few people. It was fun glad I take turns with my friend.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

catskillman

YEAH!!!! I did see blueboy on Saturday. He went off the 6 pack like a maniac, then I saw him fly over the top of the cliff and squeeze someone close to the rocks.

My guess he will change his outfit - but he has blue boots and fisher race skis......

The reason for more guns... anna, etc.... is the pipes were replaced at the top this summer and with the new compressor they can turn out that kind of snow. Russ never wanted to spend the cash, and David was the only one with interest and fight to do it..

Funky_Catskills

I'm a happy camper when I can T2B Purna at 3:30. Snow depths are impressive and I think will improve after the cool down later in the week.

Given the snow depths - I wonder how long they will let the season go on..?????

I'm having a slow start this year... Hoping late season kicks ass...

I don't know where you guys are looking, but most trails have marginal snow depths especially for Hunter. The in run of Purna has trees poking through, usually the snow gets to e top of the fences, that's 5 6 feet over the whole mtn. Only Races has that. The whole base area is barely covered. Ike, lower Hellgate, Milky very shallow. Remember, Hunter faces East and West, we need big base depths to weather the March sun. Also grooming is edge to edge not a mogul left except 2 trails.

Still had a great weekend and Thirdrail was excellent!

BenedictGomez

I did see blueboy on Saturday. He went off the 6 pack like a maniac, then I saw him fly over the top of the cliff and squeeze someone close to the rocks.

My guess he will change his outfit - but he has blue boots and fisher race skis......

Good god, this guy sounds like a complete & total psychopath.

I've never heard of someone who gets off on frightening people on the slopes by flying past them within inches. :eek:

catskillman

Good god, this guy sounds like a complete & total psychopath.

I've never heard of someone who gets off on frightening people on the slopes by flying past them within inches. :eek:
Talk to any season pass holder and they will have stories about this crazed man. This weekend I heard that there was a ski instructor at Windham that did this same thing and he was gone before long. I wonder.......

JimG.

Staff member
I don't know where you guys are looking, but most trails have marginal snow depths especially for Hunter. The in run of Purna has trees poking through, usually the snow gets to e top of the fences, that's 5 6 feet over the whole mtn. Only Races has that. The whole base area is barely covered. Ike, lower Hellgate, Milky very shallow. Remember, Hunter faces East and West, we need big base depths to weather the March sun.

Spent time yesterday looking carefully and you are quite correct. Thin spots appearing mid way down Clairs and lower K too.

No doubt they have done what we expect them to do. Make a lot when they can. Hopefully they will cover all open terrain at least one more time.

ScottySkis

2016 Vertical Express for MS – Hunter Mountain

Benefiting:*Can Do Multiple Sclerosis

FEB20

Hosted by:Can Do Multiple SclerosisWhen:

February 20, 2016*at*8:00am

Where:

Hunter Mountain*map64 Klein AveHunter,*NY*12442

info@mscando.org

Goal:*$7,500

$495*47% Complete

Register Today

As part of this event, you will receive a personal fundraising page when you register.

Participate as an IndividualJoin a team*Create a team

Donate Now

Event Details

SKI OR RIDE...RAISE MONEY...WIN PRIZES...HAVE A BLAST!

Join us on February 20th at*Hunter Mountain to be a part of the only national event series that combines skiing and fundraising to empower people with multiple sclerosis.*

Register today as an individual, create your own team, or join an existing team!

REGISTRATION:*$25 includes swag bag, all on-mountain activities, and Apres Ski Party (lift ticket not included)

WANT VIP TREATMENT?*Raise $150 to get Swany Gloves and two free drinks at the Apres Awards Party!

That’s not all! The more money you raise....the better the perks! Check out these great*PRIZES*for fundraisers!

WIN A TRIP FOR TWO TO VAIL!**The Top Overall Fundraiser will receive a trip to Vail for TWO during the 2016/2017 ski season! Includes three nights lodging for two,*ground transportation*from Denver International Airport to Vail*(airfare not included), two-2 day lift tickets, and two gift certificates for dinner.

Fundraising ends March 31, 2016. All prizes will be mailed the first week of April 2016!

EVENT DAY SCHEDULE

Saturday, February 20th

8:00 - 10:00am* ******* * *Registration

******************************* **** Colonels Hall, Base Lodge

10:00 am – 12:00 pm** Vertical Express Cup (GS)*

******* **************************** Lower Broadway*(Underneath B-Lift)

ALL DAY * * * * * * * * **** Scavenger Hunt

3:00 pm**************** ****** Jimmie Heuga Memorial Ski Down

******************************* **** Jimmie Heuga Express

4:00 – 6:00 pm* ********** Apres Ski Awards Party and Raffle

******************************* **** Colonels Hall, Base Lodge

* What is the Vertical Express Cup?*The Vertical Express Cup is a signature activity in the Vertical Express series. Every Vertical Express registrant and fundraiser may race as either an individual or part of a team. The Vertical Express Cup is divided into two races: the Pro Cup and the Beer Cup. Sign up for the Pro Cup to race against your region’s top competitors! Sign up for the Beer Cup for more relaxed competition! Winners from a variety of categories will receive prizes and bragging rights. The fastest team wins the Vertical Express Cup, as well as their name displayed on a plaque at your host mountain!

Have more questions? Check out our*FAQs!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk