• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Alta and wawa

mishka

one of the deal for Wachusett season pass holders is 50% discount at Alta. today I spend little bit of time at ticket window before got my ticket and they said don't come back again because they wouldn't give me another one. apparently they did not received some kind paperwork from Wachusett to honor this deal.

I suggesting to anyone want to use their Wachusett pass at Alta call first to Alta's customer service to make sure no surprises

Jcb890

I think Wachusett left all of the discounts up on their website but didn't actually contact any of the mountains to renew these deals.

Last year they had a deal with Mount Snow also where Sundays were 50% off. Not this year though. Kind of shady behavior.

Jcb890

That is too bad.
Yeah, quite disappointing. Almost as frustrating as spending a couple of hours playing phone tag between Mt. Snow and Wachusett because nobody knows anything that is going on. In the end, it sounded like Wachusett didn't bother to re-up their partnership deals with other mountains. Perhaps they have fixed that at this point, but I'm not really sure and I haven't had the desire to call and find out.

mishka

what I was told deal with Wachusett still out there however wawa supposed to provide at least of passholders names so they can check the name of the visitor to the passholders list.however wawadid not did not provide such list… With numerous requests

I don't know how deal with Killington works it was enough to present current season pass they checked nothing

again I don't want be involved in any kind of politics you and just let me people know of the situation. Maybe in the future they will straighten out paperwork . Until then I suggest to call ALTA to find out

thetrailboss

Staff member
Maybe they get sick of powder and want to ski some good old fashioned New England ice. :lol:

It is probably just a reciprocal deal....and you'd be surprised how many folks move out here from the east coast, me included, so having an option when folks head back east to visit family is not a bad idea.

And this had better be the ONLY complaint about our skiing because we have so far had 224" of snow and are sitting at a 90" base on January 12th, which has NOT happened this early since I've been out here, and is probably one of three times or so that we've been at or above a 90" base at all.

Jcb890

It is probably just a reciprocal deal....and you'd be surprised how many folks move out here from the east coast, me included, so having an option when folks head back east to visit family is not a bad idea.

And this had better be the ONLY complaint about our skiing because we have so far had 224" of snow and are sitting at a 90" base on January 12th, which has NOT happened this early since I've been out here, and is probably one of three times or so that we've been at or above a 90" base at all.
Oh I know, I am just joking. Wachusett is my local mountain and we're there probably on average once per week (at least). Like you said, I am sure they are just reciprocal deals... except I'm not sure that Wachusett did their jobs and made sure the other mountains would be honoring discounts.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Oh I know, I am just joking. Wachusett is my local mountain and we're there probably on average once per week (at least). Like you said, I am sure they are just reciprocal deals... except I'm not sure that Wachusett did their jobs and made sure the other mountains would be honoring discounts.

I figured. I will say that a legitimate knock on Alta is that they can be too laid back in management and difficult with which to deal. I would not be at all surprised if Wawa did send the information and Alta lost it.

Jcb890

I figured. I will say that a legitimate knock on Alta is that they can be too laid back in management and difficult with which to deal. I would not be at all surprised if Wawa did send the information and Alta lost it.
Possible, but I think this is on Wachusett. I spoke with multiple people at Mount Snow about the discount and after speaking with management, it seemed like Wachusett just dropped the ball.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Possible, but I think this is on Wachusett. I spoke with multiple people at Mount Snow about the discount and after speaking with management, it seemed like Wachusett just dropped the ball.

Seems odd. Wawa has great management, or at least they did.

Jcb890

Seems odd. Wawa has great management, or at least they did.
Agreed, it is odd. I spent 2-3 hours playing phone tag with Mount Snow and Wachusett trying to get to the bottom of it one day. In the end, Mount Snow management basically said Wachusett hadn't set the deal up and it would not be offered this season. I wasn't able to get a solid answer out of anyone at Wachusett, nobody seemed to know anything. Now, it was earlier in the season (maybe a month ago), so perhaps they hadn't ironed things out yet? I'm not sure to be honest.

wa-loaf

I've used the discount many times in the past. It's part of the Mtns of distinction program. Not doing UT this season, but it would be a bummer if that went away.