• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Waterville

Vaughn

Anyone been there lately? I was thinking of heading that way in the next week but 50% of their hard stuff is closed. Does Green Peak Expansion not have snowmaking or they just don't use it? Yet to see any of those trails open than the green/blue ones.

WJenness

Was talking to a coworker yesterday who has a place up there.

They totally blew through their entire snow-making budget with the earlier warm up / re-freeze... So even if Green Peak does have snow-making, they don't have the funds to run it right now.

skifree

snowmaking plan weird all year. green peak looks like it needs a lot more grading. could be a decent pod.
been about 5 times this season(free lodging). it is what it is. good place to work on gs turns. a couple good wood shots but not close to in play yet. I do enjoy going HIGH country for a ride or 3. nice views :-o

they do give a free midweek ticket when you sign up the mandatory rfid card. $39 online ticket purchase then a free midweek isn't a bad deal.

Vaughn

Thanks for the info. I bought a 2 for 1 ticket deal earlier this year and based on this it sounds like sooner will be better than later given the snowmaking issue. Hopefully they get some decent totals today and Friday night.

mccleaks

I was there on Saturday. Things were in decent shape on what they had open. They were blowing snow along the top ridge line of the green peak, but not sure if they have guns on the steeper trails that face back towards the other part of the mountain. Those few trails look like they have potential to be some decent skiing, but they were completely bare. Even with a foot of natural snow today there is no chance it's enough to open those up.

Jully

they do give a free midweek ticket when you sign up the mandatory rfid card. $39 online ticket purchase then a free midweek isn't a bad deal.

That is a surprisingly good deal/nice move on their part.

skifree

Parking is tough. I usually dump people and gear up front in drop off and park down in the lots. either walk up(sucks) or wait for shuttle.
Skiing I find best off sunny side chair . Very old slow triple but usually no lines. Best skiing off this chair true grit/Gemma/cia and lower Bobby’s when open. Recommend a trip to high country on old slow double. Beautiful views. Best food is t bars . Schwendi hut is cool but super busy on weekends.
Not a great hill but you will have fun.

Don’t speed on route 49. They will get you. I have experience in this department