where are we going this weekend? - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MommaBear View Post
    Tried to hit the big k but the park and hike was too much for this gal's old legs. Place is packed.
    Indeed. A lotta peops showed up today

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    gladerider

Quote Originally Posted by ss20 View Post
    Regarding Killington... A LOT more terrain should/will open up once (if?) things soften up this weekend. There's no way Ovation or Downdraft melted out...more than likely they're glacial as they've been for the past couple weeks. They finally got a groomer up Double Dipper so that re-opened for the first time in weeks. I also wouldn't doubt a couple naturals like Escapade and Old Superstar to be open. Powerline and Ridge Run up on the North Ridge are open and they are naturals.

Of course this is all dependent on things softening up. But base depth should not be an issue.

Given it's the third weekend of April I do not fault Killington for "just" having the K1 and Superstar areas open. That's pretty much typical this time of year. The only thing I wish they were doing differently this spring was re-opening the Snowshed Crossover. That way you could ski Needle's Eye and Vertigo (or at least the top 3/4 of each of them).
    They did this. You can ski the top half of those runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcb890 View Post
    It seems like I haven't spent enough time over by Carinthia. Those woods look decently-spaced, which is not like most of the woods at Mt. Snow. There's a few sections with nice spacing, but most if it is really tight, IMO.

Originally the plan was Killington Sunday, but with them shutting down so much terrain, we might do somewhere like Okemo or Snow this weekend since they are open and have more open acreage. Then, Killington can be an option next weekend after most of the other players are done. Hmmmmmmmmm
    The Ego woods at excellent when they have snow. Nothing like the north face woods

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    15-16 Killington 11-17-16

Mount Snow was great today. Mostly everything was open and softened up by lunch. Not too many bumps though. The worst part of the day was when the Bluebird started having issues around 2... they opened Canyon very briefly to clear out the waiting crowd and then it seemed to be up and running after that. For me, that was my signal to call it a day, I didn't want to spend my last day stuck on a chairlift.

Saturday was awesome day at SR. Soft bumps all over - limited to Barker and White Heat quad but enough to spread everyone out. Can't believe the coverage for late April - hardly any dirt spots showing - better than midwinter lol. Another one on tap today. Quintessential spring ski weekend - great way to end the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Teleskier View Post

I'm a skier sharing in a skiing forum. I'm not an Pulitzer-awarded investigative journalist such as these lauded contributors to society http://www.pulitzer.org/winners/boston-globe-1.
    All you needed was a very rudimentary understanding of geography and a calendar. Hint: Look at Jay Peak, Okemo, and Killington.

Sugarbush was awesome yesterday and will be even better today. They even had 100% of Castlerock open with very good coverage even on rumble and lift line. Lift stayed open until 5pm and they had a band on the plaza. Great day. We plan to open for two More weekends with a Cinco de Mayo and Kentucky Derby party for the last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by caribchakita View Post
    I don't love either..the NY crowd at Snow is manic. Okemo has too many transitions and not a nice flow to the trails for a boarder. If I HAD to pick, I'd pick Snow. Parking at Okemo is a ^%$#@
    I disagree with your assessment of the Mt Snow's crowd, spend a few Saturdays midseason at Stratton and let me know what you think. To the point my wife will never step foot on that mountain again.

I do completely agree with your assessment of Wildcat though

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    All you needed was a very rudimentary understanding of geography and a calendar. Hint: Look at Jay Peak, Okemo, and Killington.
    What does this have anything to do with his post. I think you grabbed the wrong post

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    What does this have anything to do with his post. I think you grabbed the wrong post

It had to do with figuring out whether or not the State of Vermont forced Stowe to close because part of the ski area was on state forest lands.

Thread Information