Fishing 2020 - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 67

Thread: Fishing 2020

  1. #21
    New (to me) boat as of today. Have a few things to do before getting her in the water, but my access just greatly improved.

    Don't see a ton of fishing this summer with a 17 month old daughter. Mainly just cruising. But, hopefully snag a few days with the five year old checking out some lakes we've never been on. New to boating, so sticking to the freshwater first season. Perhaps next year we get it out in the salt for some stripers. 00i0i_9r9AthNwfXb_1200x900.jpg



    Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

  2. #22
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    10,903
    Nice boat.

    Looks like you could do some waterskiing if the fish aren't biting.

  3. #23
    Thanks. It does have a ski pylon I can put in. The 135HP engine gets it out of the hole pretty quick.

    I was going to wait a couple more years before buying one, but with lots of normal activities in question for this summer and a desire to avoid crowds, I said screw it and went for it. We will social distance on the water. No shortage of large lakes within an hour to explore.

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

  4. #24
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    10,903
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Thanks. It does have a ski pylon I can put in. The 135HP engine gets it out of the hole pretty quick.

    I was going to wait a couple more years before buying one, but with lots of normal activities in question for this summer and a desire to avoid crowds, I said screw it and went for it. We will social distance on the water. No shortage of large lakes within an hour to explore.

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
    A rowboat is far less luxurious but useful for the same reason. Just bought a new pair of waders to replace my suddenly very leaky neoprene pair. But I'm really angling to buy a pedal kayak for bass and laker fishing in Sylvan lake about 5 min from my house:

    predator.jpg
    It was on my list last year but other expenses intervened. I think it's gonna happen this year.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    mahopac, ny
    Posts
    1,776
    Sylvan Lake, used be a great party spot in high school. Big quarry next to it also.

  6. #26
    JimG.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Hopewell Jct., NY
    Posts
    10,903
    Quote Originally Posted by 180 View Post
    Sylvan Lake, used be a great party spot in high school. Big quarry next to it also.
    Ha still is a big HS party spot!

  7. #27
    ALLSKIING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    East Setauket,NY/Killington,VT
    Posts
    6,880
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    New (to me) boat as of today. Have a few things to do before getting her in the water, but my access just greatly improved.

    Don't see a ton of fishing this summer with a 17 month old daughter. Mainly just cruising. But, hopefully snag a few days with the five year old checking out some lakes we've never been on. New to boating, so sticking to the freshwater first season. Perhaps next year we get it out in the salt for some stripers. 00i0i_9r9AthNwfXb_1200x900.jpg

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Nice looking boat Ryan...watch out for floating logs on the lake! When your ready for salt water bring it down to LI and we'll have some fun great beaches to bring it to ad well.
    20180729_134433.jpg

    Sent from my SM-N950U using AlpineZone mobile app
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32
    17/18 Season 10

  8. #28
    Thanks Dave!

    I'll definitely want to get a Bimini like you have there. That was the one thing I wanted that was missing from the package, but not enough for me to pass on it. Will be awhile unfortunately. Key West dealer says they're so far behind because of the virus that they aren't fulfilling accessory orders right now. The one local place I checked with that builds them custom is backed up until August.

    So, I spent a small fortune on sunscreen at Amazon instead. lol

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    A rowboat is far less luxurious but useful for the same reason. Just bought a new pair of waders to replace my suddenly very leaky neoprene pair. But I'm really angling to buy a pedal kayak for bass and laker fishing in Sylvan lake about 5 min from my house:

    predator.jpg
    It was on my list last year but other expenses intervened. I think it's gonna happen this year.
    I received guidance from work that we'll wither be working from home thru the end of the year or rotating in and out of the office so that only 10-15% of the workforce is in on a given day. Means that I'll be relocating to my families places on the Maine coast for the foreseeable future. Just picked up one of these to chase Stripers in the skinny water once they arrive...

    2017_HD_BS_02-1024x683.jpg

    Looking forward to getting the real boat in the water soon as well to chase all over the 7 Rivers region as soon they get here. The 20-inchers have arrived in force on Cape Cod so it's only a matter of time!

  10. #30
    ALLSKIING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    East Setauket,NY/Killington,VT
    Posts
    6,880
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Thanks Dave!

    I'll definitely want to get a Bimini like you have there. That was the one thing I wanted that was missing from the package, but not enough for me to pass on it. Will be awhile unfortunately. Key West dealer says they're so far behind because of the virus that they aren't fulfilling accessory orders right now. The one local place I checked with that builds them custom is backed up until August.

    So, I spent a small fortune on sunscreen at Amazon instead. lol

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Actually we really dont use it all that much but my wife is a sun freak. Nice to have though especially if it's very hot out and your not moving.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using AlpineZone mobile app
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32
    17/18 Season 10

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:39 PM.