Fishing 2020 - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing 2020

well....I don't think you have quite the same Northern Irish skin as I do that requires SPF 90000000. haha

Sent from my XT1635-01 using AlpineZone mobile app

Got in another day of trout fishing at the East branch on Thursday. Water levels had dropped a bit and the stocked fish were out in force. After fishing deep water the first 2 hours and catching a few small browns I realized the big boys were asleep. So I switched to size 0 spinners and waded the shallower and faster moving riffles down near the Borden bridge. Wound up landing 10 or so stocked fish.

No pics, no big boys but a great day and fun as always.
    Last edited by JimG.; May 9, 2020 at 12:23 PM.

Picked up the boat from the marina today. Found her covered in snow!

IMG_20200509_095441970_HDR.jpg

Woke up to a dusting of snow here as well.

Figures, K could probably have stayed open into July at this pace.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Woke up to a dusting of snow here as well.

Figures, K could probably have stayed open into July at this pace.
    The picture I saw of the mountain today made it look like the entire place is skiable. So hard to miss a good spring of skiing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using AlpineZone mobile app
    Dave
    11/12 Season 13
    12/13 Season 17
    13/14 Season 22
    14/15 Season 30
    15/16 Season 24
    16/17 Season 32
    17/18 Season 10

The spring season would've been long for sure this year, but I'm not sure how good it would've been. Certainly would have been better than not skiing, but we've had so many cold and rainy days. The amount of great, sunny, bump skiing days would've been few and far between.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    The spring season would've been long for sure this year, but I'm not sure how good it would've been. Certainly would have been better than not skiing, but we've had so many cold and rainy days. The amount of great, sunny, bump skiing days would've been few and far between.

Yeah I would have to agree.

Went up to Binghamton yesterday and hiked at Aqua Terra which used to be called Innsbruck USA; a NELSAP ski area. Really cool place.

Anyway I traveled 17 up and back. The Susquehanna river was flowing very high and muddy. The East Branch of the Delaware was also full but the water was running clear. I saw no less than 30 anglers all of them in kayaks. Not a single wader. Conditions in the Roscoe area were perfect for wading and the Beaverkill/Little Beaverkill/Willowemoc creek looked great. Stopped at Lew Beach but didn't fish. Lots of fishermen everywhere. Just scoping things out incidental to my trip up there may very well return this week to fish. Might go to the Esopus creek instead.

Got out on Fishkill creek yesterday for probably my last day of trout fishing until Fall. The time flew by but it has been 2 months since I wet my first line this season on 3/21. And it has been a good trout season. Some good fish and always much fun. In the past 15 years or so I have gotten in 2-3 days of trout fishing each year but my 8 days this spring (all because of the virus shutdown of skiing) and several nice trout landed got me re-dedicated to trout and I will do more stream fishing in the years to come.

For now, the trout have become more picky and I'm sure many of the stocked fish were caught once already. In 3 hours out I landed a total of 2 small browns. But I am always reminded that it's not all about the fish but also about being in nature. I'm grateful to live in such a beautiful location:

FC521202.jpg
    FC521203.jpg
    FC521201.jpg

Heading out on the reservoirs Saturday for a day in the boat. Let the bass fishing begin.

I left NH for the first time in over 2 months today to open up my summer cottage on Cape Cod. Strolled to the end of the street to a schoolies striper fest. 12-24 inch fish were hitting anything on the surface. To bad it wasn't me, as I didn't have equipment ready. Tomorrow.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using AlpineZone mobile app

Thread Information