• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Early season 20-21

BenedictGomez

I have a sneaky suspicion the, "EPIC waiting room" is going to become a viral thing among skiers this year, but not in the way Vail's marketing department would like.

It's too oxymoronic, funny, and perfect not to become a thing.

machski

Killington will open Friday. I was off by half a day, not enough time to push by tomorrow.
Yup, but won't be a normal day 1. Passholders and Ikons only (that part is normal) but only if you have a parking reservation and don't even think about it unless you are from Vermont or can honestly attest you meet the quarantine requirements. Only 4 huge signs on the access road warning about the Covid restrictions this year. See Kzone for images.

machski

Update from the hill is Sunday River has plenty of snow to open, with three TTB routes and a few more upper options off both Locke and Barker. But nope, no word on when they will open. Based on the fact it is passholders and Ikons only initially as well, and the fact at least half the passholders didn't receive passes yet due to the cyber attack, would not shock me if they don't open until December. I think Boyne is completely hog tied still IT wise.

Newpylong

Mach they're shooting for Monday. You're right certainly not a snow issue. You're They've been pushing over 8,000 GPM since yesterday.

machski

Mach they're shooting for Monday. You're right certainly not a snow issue. You're They've been pushing over 8,000 GPM since yesterday.
I've heard that rumor, but they have yet to email passholders with how they plan to deal with the pass issues day 1. I cannot see them opening without that email and plan in place. The last thing they want this year is for hundreds if not thousands of passholders showing up without passes and crushing the pass office or Barker lodge.

drjeff

Put Wachusett on the radar for this Saturday, based on a text conversation with a friend of mine who is one of the patrollers there.

He was told to be ready based on what that powerful system of there's is pumping out and the number of hours its likely to be cranking until they loose temps sometime on Friday by their estimates

drjeff

Also I logged into the Epic waiting room right at 3, was #8850 when the reservation system opened at 4, had reservations for Thanksgiving-Sunday for myself, my wife, and my son (my daughter is off skis until Christmas Eve recovering from some jaw corrective surgery last week), by 4:15

Zand

I didnt get a wachusett pass this year (probably gonna regret it) but I'll gladly buy a day pass Friday or Sunday if they get open.

machski

Put Wachusett on the radar for this Saturday, based on a text conversation with a friend of mine who is one of the patrollers there.

He was told to be ready based on what that powerful system of there's is pumping out and the number of hours its likely to be cranking until they loose temps sometime on Friday by their estimates
They won't be able to run all day today, they will loose temps by midday if not earlier. May be able to get another night in tonight, depends if an inversion sets up or not. Wind is already out of the south at my house in southern NH and right around freeezing mark now. Not good, but wish them luck.