• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2/26 - 2/27 Speculation Thread

freezorburn

Fridays report For southern VT has gone from rain to snow then snow to rain 3X on NOAA.GOV

They are not sure yet whats going to happen.

gladerider

so, does that mean snow for mt. snow? considering that it's base is at ,what, 2000?

gladerider

i shouldn't complain about this season, but knowing snow just got 25" in the past several days it hurts that niar is going to spoil the perfect condition.

I'll be skiing in the rain this afternoon at Blue..should be some fast skiing tomorrow morning..good thing my Elans are sharp..

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
It looks like it might not be quite as bad as earlier forecast. Yesterday they were saying 1/2" up here and now they're just saying light rain, ending this evening. Hopefully, we'll be spared a soaker and then just have one icy day before we get new snow.

It is 36 degrees at the summit of STratton at 1030AM.:???:

Sigh. That "one icy day" is the day I have all my green skiers on a family outing..... :(

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
It is 36 degrees at the summit of STratton at 1030AM.:???:

Sigh. That "one icy day" is the day I have all my green skiers on a family outing..... :(

Better that than your woods skiers from out west who you're trying to show off NE skiing to. The resorts will probably get their groomers out and make some lemonade out of all those greens.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
60 degrees here in the flatlands. Driving around with the windows down. Snowpiles look like mudpuddles now.
Heading north to the land of snow and ice in 4 hours...

eatskisleep

Looks like the warmup is just in time for my spring break... any chance of cold returning and some snow by next week? I want to ski powder, I get bored with trails unless they are soft bumps.

skiadikt

fwiw, killington's trail report has gone from 100% open to 72 trails. only groomed trails.

deadheadskier

Staff member
It was 63 in Boston today and the wind was so strong at one point it was cartoonish watching people fight to walk through it.

It looks like the start of the cold front is moving through..heavy rains and I'm sure there will be some Thunder and Lightning..