• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2014-2015 Winter Forecast (here we go)

dlague

Just saw this on FB can this be true woohoo!

Meteorological Weather Lab

Good Morning on this Monday, February 9th 2015.

We are aware of the situation that is going on in the Northeast and New England right now.

Outside the Meteorological Weather Lab Headquarters stationed here In Brooklyn ( New York), Sleet Continues to fall from this (Long Duration Winter storm) we and much of New England are experiencing, but many missed out and that is what we want to bring to your attention of what we now feel certain a very good pattern change is taking place.

We have 3 to 4 Potential storms to watch and
3 of them are going to be Blizzards

1) The first one is still on the table for February 12th thru 13th.
Computer Model guidance is consistent wit this scenario that the
storm has the potential of being a Blizzard for Nova Scotia Canada as it comes down from the Great lakes, Form a Coastal Low off of New Jersey and heads up into New England, thus New England points Northward would be getting the worse of the storm and this will be the storm we are going to release the next map for.

2) There is a newly developed storm to watch for the Mid-Atlantic and Canada on the 15th thru 16th of February. Model Guidance was never consistent with this storm so this is just a potential to watch as of now.

3) The storm for February 17th thru the 18th for the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast is still Locked on. Confidence continues to build that places in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast is going to see well in excess of 6 inches of snow from this system when all said and done. This (Potential) Continues to become more and more likely with each passing hour leading up to the storm

4) The storm for the 21st thru 23rd of February is still on the Map but is forecasted as of now from the (GFS) Global forecasting system as a Large snowstorm targeting the Upper-Midwest, we will continue to monitor this storm threat and pinpoint what section of the United states is more at risk..

A storm map for the February 12th thru 13th storm will be released shortly and the (GFS) map you see now is the storm for the 17th thru 18th of February for the Ohio-Valley, Mid-Atlantic and Northeast

Stay tuned

BenedictGomez

^ Obvious hype'sters. Predicting snow totals 8 or 9 days out, and talking about storms 14 days out are both nonsense.

dlague

I'll buy the hype .. Sold !

With all the snow we have and adding that hype - I do not want to be working right now! Lets see how things unfold - this is a longer range forecasting , hype thread either way.

BenedictGomez

If that storm Saturday night could shift to the west a bit, we'd have a big one. Looks like an OTS miss at the moment, but there's still time.

catsup948

If that storm Saturday night could shift to the west a bit, we'd have a big one. Looks like an OTS miss at the moment, but there's still time.

This has made some jumps at 12z. 0z runs will could get the hype going on this one. Another big storm for eastern new england? Wind, heavy snow, lets see how the drama unfolds....

catsup948

I'm not to interested in this one for us here in western mass yet. We do better in setups like the last two storms. Tuesday/Wednesday interests me a lot more with a low tracking over southeast New England.

BenedictGomez

This has made some jumps at 12z. 0z runs will could get the hype going on this one. Another big storm for eastern new england? Wind, heavy snow, lets see how the drama unfolds....

The 12z Canadian developed a Norlun trough. That would be pretty amazing for whoever's under that, I'd love to experience one of those.

BenedictGomez

Might hit Platty on Saturday. Saturday might be the only day to salvage some skiing this weekend, and I see no point heading further north than the Catskills given the expected temps.

VTKilarney

I'm getting tired of weekday temps in the 20's followed by frigid weekend temperatures.