• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2014-2015 Winter Forecast (here we go)

catsup948

Euro brought this north more last night. Gives Berkshire East about 1.5 inches of snow! We are still below average out here despite almost 3 feet the last 2 weeks.

BenedictGomez

This BS with the weekend cold is really starting to pizz me off. Looks like another non-Vermont weekend upcoming. Luckily, the Catskills are fantastic right now, but still..... (sigh) still plenty of time for the models to be wrong I guess.

WWF-VT

18 below on my deck @ 7 AM here at Mt Ellen. It was brutally cold skiing yesterday and today could be a day that I skip because of the cold temperatures and wind

Cannonball

Just went out for coffee. Lincoln, NH....
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20150216_063547876.jpg
    IMG_20150216_063547876.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 287

drjeff

The weather underground station in my condo complex at Mount Snow is reporting -15 right now :eek: At least the wind gusts have decreased from "house shaking" like they were last night down to just "chimney flue rattling"!!! Still with a -40 windchill currently up here and wind holds preventing summit access right now, me and the kids are going to have a leisurely morning and hit the hill around lunchtime!!

drjeff

Same here....lunchtime tomorrow!

That might be the case for my 11 year old!! My 9 year old WANTS to get back into the trees today after yesterday!! That might warrant putting on a bunch of layers once the wind hopefully lets down a bit as it's forcasted too and Mount Snow can safely get more than a 12 minute ride fixed grip triple to mid mountain open!!

drjeff

Mount Snow during the last 45 minutes put the bubbles on the haul rope and opened up the Bluebird - I'm getting ready to layer up and go grab a few runs on this crystal clear, COLD day! The winds, while still present, have definitely let down a good deal the last f maew hours (blowing maybe 15 steady with gusts to 20-25 now)

BenedictGomez

The weather underground station in my condo complex at Mount Snow is reporting -15 right now :eek: At least the wind gusts have decreased from "house shaking" like they were last night down to just "chimney flue rattling"!!! Still with a -40 windchill currently up here and wind holds preventing summit access right now, me and the kids are going to have a leisurely morning and hit the hill around lunchtime!!

How had Mount Snow been attendance wise IYO during the key holiday periods of Christmas, MLK, and PDW this season?

I'm not skiing today. Going bowling instead!

Sounds like a good call.

dlague

How had Mount Snow been attendance wise IYO during the key holiday periods of Christmas, MLK, and PDW this season?

Sounds like a good call.

Christmas (R!%n), MLK day (R!%n), and PDW (freezing and windy) Attendance was low across each of these days. Primarily hard cores out on those days!

drjeff

Sounds like a good call.

Hit or miss - each Holiday period you listed had one "big" day, but then followed them up with either an "average" winter weekend day or even a few light "any day of the week" days - so while the snowpack has been good (even during the wet x-mas and MLK events) the overall crowd volume I'm guessing is off - and just this afternoon, my condo complex that stated the weekend with just under 300 cars in the parking lots (for reference sake a usual weekend is about 225-40 cars and the HUGE Friday of x-mas week Mount Snow had had almost 400 cars in our lots) is down to maybe 150 cars tops now - even my favorite base lodge bar which usually has all its barstools occupied by 11:30 had 7 or 8 out of 20 open bar stools when I went in for lunch at 1:15 today!! GREAT conditions, just poor timing to generate the weekend day tripper crowds that benefit both Mount Snow and the surrounding local businesses so far for most of this season - we need some 20+ degree, precip free weekends the next month or so to make this now GREAT snow year also a GREAT business year!!