• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Airline lost my brand new skis

The Sneak

Well...it's been a week and today I filed a claim for my brand new, only a couple of days on them, Line Prophet 90s with Marker Griffons, Leki poles, nice padded ski bag etc.

You cannot imagine how bummed out I was to get stand there by the oversized luggage carousel @ Logan last week and have them never show up, while the skis belonging to the other 3 in our group did.

I am praying the airline does not give me the runaround on settling this matter. It's funny, I've long resisted taking my skis out west with me, instead usually demo'ing a bunch of different skis out there. So, I relent and bring my new ones (this is my second pair of P90s...I had the older non rockered version for years prior...just a great do it all east coast ski for me) and of course this happens.

I suspect they were stolen - the airline said 98% of mishandled luggage turns up in the first 24 hrs. They called me every day for a week with no news and gave me the go ahead to file.

Grrr.

thetrailboss

Staff member
OK, that REALLY sucks. What airline if I might ask? You seem to be taking it quite well.

The BEST part is that airlines make you PAY for bags...and then lose them.

The Sneak

SWest. I am only calm bc I still have my beat to sh!t 08 P90s to fall back on for the short term.

Tin

Sucks man. Im in RI as well. If you need to borrow a pair any day but Saturday send me a PM.

HD333

On the bright side you said Logan so you got to use them out West. Sucks though, hopefully they make it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thetrailboss

Staff member
SWest. I am only calm bc I still have my beat to sh!t 08 P90s to fall back on for the short term.

Wow. The last airline I would have guessed. They are normally on top of things.

The silver lining: their customer service is usually good and you will (hopefully) get new skis.

MadMadWorld

I don't get how you lose an oversized bag. They get loaded completely separate. I bet they were stolen and that sucks. I can only imagine your anger. I would have lost my mind!

BenedictGomez

I don't get how you lose an oversized bag. They get loaded completely separate. I bet they were stolen and that sucks. I can only imagine your anger. I would have lost my mind!

This is a HUGE underreported issue, people stealing from airports. I would have had my golf clubs stolen a few years ago while I was in the bathroom had my gf not stopped the guy. He grabbed them off the carousel (they shouldnt have been on there in the first place since golf clubs arent supposed to go on those) and started wheeling them away. "Oh, they look just like mine" he said, and HURRIED off.

Edd

Damn, I just flew SW last week with skis. That is a buzzkill.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

The Sneak

Well...this is awfully suspicious

http://denver.craigslist.org/spo/4307397077.html

That's gotta be them - I bought them as leftovers at REI back in October. Doesn't the description read weird?

Nobody who is particular enough about skiing that they have this setup would list them as "men's skis" first and foremost. I am extremely suspicious but feel totally powerless!

The Sneak

If they were mine they have some good scratches on the bottom from Stratton earlier this month, long ones.

Brad J

Had a pair lost in the 80's when I went to telluride , Got new skis ( airline paid) paid top dollar in telluride , my ski's arrived 3 months later my house , you never know

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Well...this is awfully suspicious

http://denver.craigslist.org/spo/4307397077.html

That's gotta be them - I bought them as leftovers at REI back in October. Doesn't the description read weird?

Nobody who is particular enough about skiing that they have this setup would list them as "men's skis" first and foremost. I am extremely suspicious but feel totally powerless!
Maybe an AZ er knows someone who can check them out, do you know the serial #'s ?