• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Alaskans

veronica.withington

Any Alaskans in this Forum? Would love to meet people in and out of the state!!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

veronica.withington

Look I was just looking to make some new friends. Maybe hook up with some people this summer. I know it's the Northeast skiing forum.

veronica.withington

I hate to burst your bubble Abc but Alaska is exactly east of Russia. Now if you go up to a really small Alaskan native village called Little Diomede, not only can you see Russia from Alaska but it is a rock throw away as well.

Cannonball

I hate to burst your bubble Abc but Alaska is exactly east of Russia. Now if you go up to a really small Alaskan native village called Little Diomede, not only can you see Russia from Alaska but it is a rock throw away as well.

Welcome to the forums. I came through the strait this summer. Saw both big and little Diomede (Russia and US).

I spend big portions of my summers working in AK. But others are correct, you won't find much AK info here. Maybe post some trip reports in the Non-Northeast Trip Reports section and see if you can work up some enthusiasm for AK trips. I hit a great pow day at Alyeska in December. One of top 5 days of this season for me!

veronica.withington

Alyaska is a great place to ski from what Iv heard. Iv lived here all my life and never skied there. I know that is embarrassing isn't it. I ski mostly up at Crystal Mountain in Washington State.

mtl1076

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Alyaska is a great place to ski from what Iv heard. Iv lived here all my life and never skied there. I know that is embarrassing isn't it. I ski mostly up at Crystal Mountain in Washington State.

So where do you live in Alaska that is makes sense to ski at Crystal?

veronica.withington

I live in Anchorage. I grew up here in Anchorage. But I also grew up learning how to ski at Crystal. Family condo at Crystal Mountain.

veronica.withington

That would be awesome. Never helicopter skied before. Our winters have sucked up here last year and this year. Hoping for a better winter next year.

mtl1076

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
That would be awesome. Never helicopter skied before. Our winters have sucked up here last year and this year. Hoping for a better winter next year.

Actually up high at Alyeska is really good right now.

veronica.withington

Yeah. Well the roads are really bad right now. Glare Ice. It's raining on top of snow. Not a good combo. Troopers are advising everyone not be out on the roads unless we need to be on the roads. The highway going out there is the most dangerous highway in the country. I would go if I could though.

Cannonball

Yeah. Well the roads are really bad right now. Glare Ice. It's raining on top of snow. Not a good combo. Troopers are advising everyone not be out on the roads unless we need to be on the roads. The highway going out there is the most dangerous highway in the country. I would go if I could though.

That makes for a bad day, not a bad season. Alyeska has been having a great season from what I hear. It was certainly great back in December when I was there. And my AK friends have told me that it's continued to be great. You have a great local mountain, take advantage of it.

veronica.withington

And I agree with you on that Cannonball. I'm going to have to ski up there one of these days.