• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone Summit 3.0 - March 30th - April 1st @ Sugarloaf

justjen

It's the secrete AlpineZone handshake

Just kidding .. actually that is a bit confusing, last year there was a printout to use. This year I am going to run a list of the people who are attending and we will use that as a check off list, so your name has to be on the list, by making at least one post in the official registration thread. . So just make sure you remember your username. That's all you need.

Thanks!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Does every member of our party have to post in the forum?

Yup, if you want first tracks / Sunday lift pass / free drink tickets / etc. then you do.

PM me with any questions .. (like if you have children in your party ... we might be able to figure something out)

Skimaine

I am not going to make the summit this year. Broke my wrist on Friday. Done for the year.

Tooth

Hang in there. Lets see what happens next week. Im hearing backroom conversations about blowing snow if they can, and they think they can. The summit this year may be one of the appreciation to even be skiing. I was there all week minus today. If you love to ski you will be there. If anyone can pull out of this tailspin, it is the crew at Sugarloaf.

Tooth

Posted on Facebook about a half hour ago...

With the record heat this week, there have been a lot of questions about our operating plans going forward, and potential closing dates. To help answer these questions, we want to share an email from our General Manager that went out to our staff this afternoon:

"All,

Even with all of the strange weather we’ve seen this winter, this week has been truly exceptional. As I write this email, the temperature on the thermometer reads 72 degrees, making it the third straight day we’ve been in the 70s. Even our elevation, which typically helps us keep snow later than most resorts, has worked against us this week – at 7:30 this morning the temperature in Kingfield was 39 degrees, while the temperature at the top of Skyline was 58. We’ve never seen weather like this, and I know this has raised some questions among all of you regarding our operating plans going forward.

While I can’t say with any certainty what the weather has in store for us over the next month, I can assure you of this: we are the King of Spring, and we will do whatever it takes to keep skiing, and to deliver a great experience to our guests. Going forward, our plan is to remain open at least through Reggae weekend (April 14-15), and for as long after that as snow holds out.

Clearly our snowpack and open terrain have taken a substantial hit during this week’s record heat. Our latest forecasts are calling for cooler, more seasonable temperatures to return this weekend, and our grooming crew will do their best to put things back together. If the weather pattern changes and we receive enough snow, our Ski Patrol will be ready to reopen closed terrain. If temperatures get cold enough, we have not ruled out firing up our snowmaking system again. And even if this record-breaking heat returns and makes skiing impossible, Reggae Fest will go on as scheduled.

We have no intentions of throwing in the towel yet, and I’d like to thank you all in advance for helping us communicate that commitment to all of our guests.

As you all know well, April can be (and typically is) a snowy month here in the mountains. In fact, over the past five years, we’ve seen an average of 2.5 feet of April snow, including 95 inches in April of 2007.

We don’t think Mother Nature has given up on winter yet, and neither have we.

Sincerely,

John Diller"

vdk03

Nice to know that he has the right attitude, but still seems like we will be stuck to groomers and def doesn't look like braket basin will be open

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

soposkier

Nice to know that he has the right attitude, but still seems like we will be stuck to groomers and def doesn't look like braket basin will be open

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Plenty of bumps on Skidder, unless that got groomed out for some reason.

justjen

Temps in the 30s most of this week. They are looking to start the guns tomorrow. Good news! Now all we need is some natural snow in the forecast...

avery

At the very least, snow showers are in the forecast. My legs are ready for one final weekend on snow!