• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Annoying Lift Line Behavior

dmc

Come to think of it, I've never met a cop that skis. Why is that? Better to give than receive? :roll:

I know tons of cops that ski... Hunter is the NYPD land... :) Some goooood skiers...

There's a couple that play in one of my bands... and total deadheads...

polski

Website
twitter.com
I'm mearly pointing out the irony of directly inhaling something...then complain about getting a "whiff" of something else in the lift line. ;-)

Winky duly noted but there's a big difference between something done voluntarily and involuntarily. To me, secondhand cigarette smoke that I didn't ask for is an invasion of my space at least as much as someone stepping on my skis would be.

dmc

Winky duly noted but there's a big difference between something done voluntarily and involuntarily. To me, secondhand cigarette smoke that I didn't ask for is an invasion of my space at least as much as someone stepping on my skis would be.

I feel the same about car exhausts and bad breath

Kerovick

What if your breath smells like car exhaust?

Better or worse?

mattchuck2

Website
skiequalsmc2.blogspot.com
Come to think of it, I've never met a cop that skis. Why is that? Better to give than receive? :roll:

I know tons of cops that ski... Hunter is the NYPD land... :) Some goooood skiers...

There's a couple that play in one of my bands... and total deadheads...

Exactly . . . Hunter is the land of Cop Skiers . . . dmc is right that there are some good ones. But there are some Bad ones too

dmc

Exactly . . . Hunter is the land of Cop Skiers . . . dmc is right that there are some good ones. But there are some Bad ones too

The ones I know are awesome... I'm sure there are some jerks.. But the regulars are pretty cool.. Lots of fire fighters too - FDNY can party... locals leave town when they have their party... :)

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I've never seen data to back this up. I, too have lived in states when civies do the flagging, with no ill effect.
I completely agree as far as my opinion goes. I am just playing devil's advocate and suggesting that the opinions people form are situational from their perspective. Both NH and VT have civilians manning the stop and slow signs. But then again, country roads are not really comparable to big cities. Would there actually be a difference? Again, my opinion, probably not. But I could see the argument being made for it.

SIKSKIER

I have no problem with police doing traffic duty on work sites.I do have a problem when they just stand there and don't help with the traffic issues that are a result of the work site.

skiNEwhere

Bump.........

Technically this counts since it's in the lift line. Lifties who forget to scan your lift ticket and then get mad at you because you merge into the main line

gregnye

Lifties that join up 4 singles to make a quad when there are plenty of doubles available and triples! (Looking at you--North Peak Express @ Loon) This just encourages families of 4 to abuse the single line!

And--lifties that try to put 5 people on a quad chair (looking at you Mineral Basin Express @ snowbird) It was quite funny though!! The funny thing is, no one actually said anything until the chair came around and the 5th person was left behind! :smile:

I am not going to entirely blame the lifty though--it was a powder day and they had a lifty with a long flagpole to keep order in the lift-line! :p

bdfreetuna

F-bombs by anybody in the lift line, punks or adults. what are people thinking when there are moms, dads, little kids, grandparents all around and a guy (or a girl) are throwing the f-word every other adjective? Might as well be throwing trash on the ground. It shouldn't be tolerated.

Agreed I noticed this a couple weeks ago riding the North Ridge chair at K. Actually it was a group of probably 20 year olds, all dropping fuck bombs and then talking about situations where they would whip their dicks out for women and generally the most immature and crude conversation you could have. Loudly.

There were some older women and younger kids in the line who could easily hear this and they were getting quite a few looks.

I didn't say anything to them about their manners but my friend and I started making fun of them to their face because some of the things they were saying were even more stupid than others.

Blizzard of Wahhs

what are lifts? you mean these?